`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: James Harrison: Cheap shot or not?

RE: OT: James Harrison: Cheap shot or not?
How much does a QB get paid to take a hit? It is football. My daughter can have more contact in middle school gym class than a defensive player can have against an NFL QB. And in gym class they make fun of you if you do not get right back up.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Contact??? Yes... Intent to maim or kill NO it should NEVER be like this!!!
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(12-09-2011, 08:14 PM)superynaldo Wrote: Contact??? Yes... Intent to maim or kill NO it should NEVER be like this!!!
i agree, one of these days on of these guys are gonna get killed if something dont change, but by then itll be too late as someones family is gonna have a funeral service to tend to.

No reason why that couldnt of been a good clean hit right to the gut if you wanna be dirty, or even to the chest. Trust me man if you wanna hurt a guy, give him a good gut shot, itll have you rolling around on the floor in agaony a la reggie bush:

In my mind, that hit on bush is football, this trying to knock a dudes head off is gonna cause this sport to be severely effected one day due to someone being put down.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(12-09-2011, 08:21 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: i agree, one of these days on of these guys are gonna get killed if something dont change, but by then itll be too late as someones family is gonna have a funeral service to tend to.

No reason why that couldnt of been a good clean hit right to the gut if you wanna be dirty, or even to the chest. Trust me man if you wanna hurt a guy, give him a good gut shot, itll have you rolling around on the floor in agaony a la reggie bush:

In my mind, that hit on bush is football, this trying to knock a dudes head off is gonna cause this sport to be severely effected one day due to someone being put down.
Look at it this way guys... Leading with your helmet is a NO NO!!! it is a deadly weapon for sure... I know it protects you to some degree, but it also can really cause harm in certain hits... When will they learn??? I guess when one of them ends up in a wheelchair, or worse...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

Lead with the head and you will get fined, just dirty playing and it there are other ways to tackle.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

(12-09-2011, 08:05 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: late hit and mabye a cheepie but not head hunting...the NFL is soft now a days..so sad
Jeff, I don't disagree with you much, but I gotta here. There is too much proof what going to the head does to these guys later in life. Bears great Dave Deuerson sp? was one of the unlucky ones. I am afraid to see if my boy, Steve ends up with problems down the line, but I wouldn't doubt it.
I agree with you about the NFL being soft now, tho. What I wouldn't give to watch a game where defenses could 'lay hands' on receivers again and didn't have to be afraid to make a clean hit.

Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

He hit McCoy as hard as he could.
And it was late.
And he went helmet to helmet on purpose.
And it was head hunting.
And I loved it.
Is that wrong...?
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

obvious leading with the helmet

that said, this isnt in harrison's top ten dirtiest hits

ihave a dislike for him ever since the superbowl against the cardinals. he should have been ejected from the game. but all was forgiven after that interception.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

(12-09-2011, 11:40 PM)robsvideos Wrote: ihave a dislike for him ever since the superbowl against the cardinals. he should have been ejected from the game. but all was forgiven after that interception.
If I remember correctly, the dirty shot was after the interception. Being a die-hard Steelers fan it left a BAD taste in my mouth and I felt he should have been ejected too. No love here for dirty play.