`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: What condition will you place on your cards in organize for TRADING PURPOSES?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Enter as MINT
26.83%
11 26.83%
Enter as NRMT/MT*
63.41%
26 63.41%
Enter exact condition
9.76%
4 9.76%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Conditional pricing for TRADING Poll

Conditional pricing for TRADING Poll
"In the past, it was defaulted to MINT = 100% bv and we adjusted that downward to reflect what was in our magazines and other parts of our software. So the new correct default is NRMT/MT = 100% bv for new cards."

Okay, with the pricing set as nrmt/mt as 100% BV instead of mint as it was before the change, it causes some issues when trading with another member who has their condition set different than yours.

example-
nrmt/mt=100% high bv
mint = 110% high bv (% just an example)

What I mean is generally speaking most of us have entered our cards into organize as mint so the high bv shows when trading. Now we have some members listing their cards as nrmt/mt to show high bv and others still have them as mint showing high bv plus a bump for being above the standard of nrmt/mt.

I am leaning towards changing all my conditions to nrmt/mt.

What are you going to do in your organize as far as condition goes?
Please choose answer in poll above
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

RE: Conditional pricing for TRADING Poll
neither

keep it the old way, but when a card is inputted into ORG from OPG, it goes in as a default to the baseline era default, instead of just mint

im sorry, but this common sense

(and yes, im putting my opinion in each forum)

I spent months having to redo my entire organize due to Beckett's last "update" if i have to go re adjust all my conditions; to be honest, i think i'd quit this site. Don't fix what isn't broken and start fixing what is.
Pretty much trying to work on my YG PC.

(12-09-2011, 04:36 PM)ntgsportscards Wrote: I spent months having to redo my entire organize due to Beckett's last "update" if i have to go re adjust all my conditions; to be honest, i think i'd quit this site. Don't fix what isn't broken and start fixing what is.
I agree. It was fine before the update and should go back that way. One reason people are entering cards as nrmt/mt is because it is the default when you add to org. Now when I enter a card into org I have to change it. Almost 85 to 90% cards that are produced and busted from packs should be considered MINT and MINT(9) should be 100% bv with no premium.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

New cards enter org at the default-nrmt/mt
and changing the cards condition in your org from mint to 8 is not that hard if you use the fill option (if thats how you want to trade)
we can argue the point all day but the pricing baseline change has been done- the point of the post was to give an UPDATE which everyone always says is the problem and to get all the TRADERS on the same page as far as bv goes.

from the help forum post-
In the past, it was defaulted to MINT = 100% bv and we adjusted that downward to reflect what was in our magazines and other parts of our software. So the new correct default is NRMT/MT = 100% bv for new cards.
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

I have 26,000+ cards listed with grades from 1 thru 9. If I have to change all my "9 mint" to "8", i'd have to change all my 8's to 7's, ect... 8 is what's usually used for cards with issues such as small corner dings and are worth less than full BV for trading. Why did they screw with pricing when they were supposed to fix marketplace
Pretty much trying to work on my YG PC.

I would use what ever the default is, for the most part any cards I trade are pack fresh, so near mint/mint would be a good default.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

agree
(12-09-2011, 06:00 PM)ntgsportscards Wrote: I have 26,000+ cards listed with grades from 1 thru 9. If I have to change all my "9 mint" to "8", i'd have to change all my 8's to 7's, ect... 8 is what's usually used for cards with issues such as small corner dings and are worth less than full BV for trading. Why did they screw with pricing when they were supposed to fix marketplace
then keep it as it is, no one is telling you to change anything. This is a informational post.
when's the last time you opened a pack? Not many cards come out of the pack at MINT 9- sad but true.
You can enter them as nrmt/mt+ as well and will not change the bv I believe
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

A little off topic but along the same lines of pricing variations: Is card pricing still based on an average of store sales or is it based on online sales or both? Just wondering because if a card sells for $1 average among 200 online stores, rightfully it's Beckett value would be $1... however, we are obligated to pay shipping for even a single card so does that get applied into the final determined BV or no?
[Image: TPnewbanner.png]
MARIO LEMIEUX COLLECTION = 1263 listed cards

As for the question at hand... I will have mine set as Mint, that's what I consider pack fresh. There's no way you can make a card have better condition. The next step up is graded cards.
[Image: TPnewbanner.png]
MARIO LEMIEUX COLLECTION = 1263 listed cards