`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BGS/BCCG grading question

BGS/BCCG grading question
I am looking at a card that I want and could use some help with questions that I have. As far as what a graded BCCG card is worth, would it be the same as a BGS graded card or is BCCG considered a lower end grading service. I realize it is going to very between players, so this just a general baseball card grading question. I am looking at a card that is a BCCG 9 Near Mint or Better and Beckett list the BGS Value at a $100. Since there is no listing for a 9 Near Mint or Better in beckett. I am guessing it would be a 8.5 BGS. Please correct me if that is a wrong assumption. I am curious if I can expect that same Value since it is a BCCG. Thanks for the help.
[Image: QgxJg.png]

Right now I am looking for anything of Peyton Manning, Marshall Faulk, Marvin Harrison and also mid/high end auto/gu cards of Andre Dawson

Also collecting 1991 Topps Desert Shield PSA 9 or 10 Baseball cards.

RE: BGS/BCCG grading question
No dont buy bccg...I have found many cards graded bccg will actually grade several grades lower when recased with bgs or psa...I have a lc greenwood rookie graded 8 bccg and i broke it out and it graded psa 4 just so I could prove a customer wrong
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

BCCG is really for protection only...the grade is generally disregarded. not as bad as say MINT grading services, or some off-brand pay for grade, but it isnt taken seriously

I bought a Mario Lemieux rookie card with the BCCG, it was graded a 9. From what I am reading here, the Beckett bccg grade is only a protector for the card and not a true grade?

I've crossed over 4 Bccg's that were 10's. 3 came back Bgs 9's and 1 cane back a 9.5. I'll only buy them if they are a 10. You can get pretty good deals on them.

BCCG gives almost anything a 10. I got a Graded Card Blaster at Target one time, it was on sale for like 8 bucks so I couldn't resist, and my graded card was a Matt LaPorta BCCG 10, it had some smudges and chipping.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Well I have this card and it doesnt look like a 10 to me. check out the lower left hand corner (the one with the stars)

[Image: CalRipken.jpg]
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(12-29-2012, 12:30 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Well I have this card and it doesnt look like a 10 to me. check out the lower left hand corner (the one with the stars)

[Image: CalRipken.jpg]
For anyone with doubts, this seals it.
(12-28-2012, 09:13 PM)aaron6262 Wrote: I bought a Mario Lemieux rookie card with the BCCG, it was graded a 9. From what I am reading here, the Beckett bccg grade is only a protector for the card and not a true grade?
You are correct, in my unprofessional opinion.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Here is some honest information on BCCG that should help a little !

Beckett Grading Services Beckett Collector Club Grading what is it and how does it work ?

BCCG is a subsidiary of Beckett Grading Services so the same standards given to any card at beckett is given to BCCG graded cards so when you hear they are in inferior grading service it is a false statement and the information given by whomever is telling you this is either misinformed or just unhappy that they can not be successful selling cards themselves.

A simple search of the Beckett Grading web site states the following information :

“BCCG-graded cards (Beckett Collectors Club Grading) are completely separate and vastly different from the premium BGS- or BVG-graded cards. We can assure you that the same consummate care in handling is followed and consistent industry-leading quality of grading is applied to each and every card. As a result, BCCG-graded cards provide an eye-catching secondary market alternative to other graded card products, reaching a wider audience of fans and collectors. It features a modified numerical grading scale, with each level representing a range of standard conditions (Mint or better, Near mint or better, Excellent or better, etc.).

Furthermore, BCCG-graded cards are perfect for beginning or veteran collectors. Cards of a wide variety of star players are available in BCCG slabs. BCCG-graded cards are a perfect fit for the new collector who wants to be sure he's getting an excellent product from a trusted hobby source.

We also understand the importance of protecting your cards. Every BCCG-graded card is sealed and protected in a superior clear plastic holder whose design is based on the top-quality Beckett Grading Services (BGS) holder. Each holder features a white BCCG label with assigned grade, card serial number and precise card description obtained directly from Beckett's all-inclusive online database of sports cards. A fast and easy BCCG Card Lookup is available for card verification at the No. 1 online source for card collecting products, services and information BCCG has several different characteristics when compared to our BGS/BVG services. The BCCG service does not offer the four category (corners, centering, edges, and surface) break down on the backs of each of the cards. The BCCG service also does not have the half point grading scale which you see in the regular grading services - it is a more simplified grading scale that offers whole point grades only.

The cases for BCCG cards are thinner than the BGS/BVG cases and there is no inner sleeve in which the card placed in before being inserted into the holder. Please be assured that our regular graders do grade all BCCG cards so you will be getting a professional Beckett Grading Services opinion from a qualified Beckett grader.”

These statements above are actual facts not a made up eBay reviewer or random message board conversation of someones idea of what BCCG should be.

Why grade BCCG when you have the BGS option. BCCG is a slightly thinner holder and it only requires a single numerical grade unlike BGS so both turn around and time and value of money are taken into account for dealers and collector’s.

If a big dealer was sending in 400 cards to BCCG he could get them back in less than half the time it takes to get their items to market quicker and more cash in their pocket benefiting both the dealer and the collector who wants a nice mint card in a 10 holder. At the same time if the collector has the patience they can send the card in for BGS review and most likely get a BGS 9 or 9.5 in return that is usually worth much more than the BCCG 10 card that they purchased.

What makes BCCG different from BGS/PSA is that they have no GEM MINT category on the holders there best possible grade is Mint better or in other words with the other two mainstream companies that means you will be receiving a card guaranteed to be at the least 1.5 points lower at worse with the possibility of a higher graded usually ending up in a significant profit to the buyer. That means your BCCG 10 Greg Maddux Rookie could range from a strong sub grade BGS 8.5 to BGS 10 Pristine not two grades lower every single time as some people mention on individual reviews on eBay any other review or comment on this product are blatant lies as they were probably angry with Beckett Grading SErvices at some point .

Beckett Collector Club Grading / BCCG Grading Scaled compared to BGS Grading.
BCCG 10 Mint or better strong sub grade 8.5 at worse or Better with most qualifying as BGS 9. (Best value for BCCG when doing price comparisons)
BCCG 9 Near Mint or better BGS 7.5 with a potential for BGS 8.5 with most qualifying as BGS 8.
BCCG 8 Excellent or better BGS 5.5 to a low grade 7.
BCCG 7 Very Good or better BGS 3 Plus.
BCCG 6 Good or better and all other BGS numerical Grades.
(no altered or trimmed cards BGS/BCCG will not slab those unless it is labeled on the actual holder)

With the inception of BCCG in the early 2000’s it was able to shut down most low end run out of someones basement grading services because of the advertisement to the masses and ability to offer a product to a wider audience that would want and still be able to pay a fair price knowing they are receiving a quality Beckett Grading Services product. This is one of the main reasons for the unreasonable hatred and false statements that are commonly seen on eBay boards and other sports collector web sites as it is usually someone who was indirectly affected or just has no idea what they are talking about.

In the end I invite you to do your own research and see for yourself on how fair and balanced BCCG truly is.

[quote='supersports' pid='2442612' dateline='1396902372']
Here is some honest information on BCCG that should help a little !

Beckett Grading Services Beckett Collector Club Grading what is it and how does it work ?

BCCG is a subsidiary of Beckett Grading Services so the same standards given to any card at beckett is given to BCCG graded cards so when you hear they are in inferior grading service it is a false statement and the information given by whomever is telling you this is either misinformed or just unhappy that they can not be successful selling cards themselves.

A simple search of the Beckett Grading web site states the following information :

“BCCG-graded cards (Beckett Collectors Club Grading) are completely separate and vastly different from the premium BGS- or BVG-graded cards. We can assure you that the same consummate care in handling is followed and consistent industry-leading quality of grading is applied to each and every card. As a result, BCCG-graded cards provide an eye-catching secondary market alternative to other graded card products, reaching a wider audience of fans and collectors. It features a modified numerical grading scale, with each level representing a range of standard conditions (Mint or better, Near mint or better, Excellent or better, etc.).

Furthermore, BCCG-graded cards are perfect for beginning or veteran collectors. Cards of a wide variety of star players are available in BCCG slabs. BCCG-graded cards are a perfect fit for the new collector who wants to be sure he's getting an excellent product from a trusted hobby source.

We also understand the importance of protecting your cards. Every BCCG-graded card is sealed and protected in a superior clear plastic holder whose design is based on the top-quality Beckett Grading Services (BGS) holder. Each holder features a white BCCG label with assigned grade, card serial number and precise card description obtained directly from Beckett's all-inclusive online database of sports cards. A fast and easy BCCG Card Lookup is available for card verification at the No. 1 online source for card collecting products, services and information BCCG has several different characteristics when compared to our BGS/BVG services. The BCCG service does not offer the four category (corners, centering, edges, and surface) break down on the backs of each of the cards. The BCCG service also does not have the half point grading scale which you see in the regular grading services - it is a more simplified grading scale that offers whole point grades only.

The cases for BCCG cards are thinner than the BGS/BVG cases and there is no inner sleeve in which the card placed in before being inserted into the holder. Please be assured that our regular graders do grade all BCCG cards so you will be getting a professional Beckett Grading Services opinion from a qualified Beckett grader.”

These statements above are actual facts not a made up eBay reviewer or random message board conversation of someones idea of what BCCG should be.

Why grade BCCG when you have the BGS option. BCCG is a slightly thinner holder and it only requires a single numerical grade unlike BGS so both turn around and time and value of money are taken into account for dealers and collector’s.

If a big dealer was sending in 400 cards to BCCG he could get them back in less than half the time it takes to get their items to market quicker and more cash in their pocket benefiting both the dealer and the collector who wants a nice mint card in a 10 holder. At the same time if the collector has the patience they can send the card in for BGS review and most likely get a BGS 9 or 9.5 in return that is usually worth much more than the BCCG 10 card that they purchased.

What makes BCCG different from BGS/PSA is that they have no GEM MINT category on the holders there best possible grade is Mint better or in other words with the other two mainstream companies that means you will be receiving a card guaranteed to be at the least 1.5 points lower at worse with the possibility of a higher graded usually ending up in a significant profit to the buyer. That means your BCCG 10 Greg Maddux Rookie could range from a strong sub grade BGS 8.5 to BGS 10 Pristine not two grades lower every single time as some people mention on individual reviews on eBay any other review or comment on this product are blatant lies as they were probably angry with Beckett Grading SErvices at some point .

Beckett Collector Club Grading / BCCG Grading Scaled compared to BGS Grading.
BCCG 10 Mint or better strong sub grade 8.5 at worse or Better with most qualifying as BGS 9. (Best value for BCCG when doing price comparisons)
BCCG 9 Near Mint or better BGS 7.5 with a potential for BGS 8.5 with most qualifying as BGS 8.
BCCG 8 Excellent or better BGS 5.5 to a low grade 7.
BCCG 7 Very Good or better BGS 3 Plus.
BCCG 6 Good or better and all other BGS numerical Grades.
(no altered or trimmed cards BGS/BCCG will not slab those unless it is labeled on the actual holder)

With the inception of BCCG in the early 2000’s it was able to shut down most low end run out of someones basement grading services because of the advertisement to the masses and ability to offer a product to a wider audience that would want and still be able to pay a fair price knowing they are receiving a quality Beckett Grading Services product. This is one of the main reasons for the unreasonable hatred and false statements that are commonly seen on eBay boards and other sports collector web sites as it is usually someone who was indirectly affected or just has no idea what they are talking about.

In the end I invite you to do your own research and see for yourself on how fair and balanced BCCG truly is.

For sir and miss everybody, there is too much confusion... Nevertheless this is BCCG it's BVG...except that I see as another way of making $$$

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)