`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
worst luck ever

RE: worst luck ever
Had the same issue last Christmas with a box of 2008 bowman draft and chrome. Pulled a redemption for a Jesus Montero blue auto refractor 21 days after the expiration date. Called Topps and they basically told me to pound sand. But I hear Upper Deck is much easier to deal with regarding expired redemptions.
[Image: KershawBlueRefAutoRC.jpg][Image: StantonRefractorAuto.jpg]

Man that does suck. I was happy as hell when the 09 SP Jeter was not redemption!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Thanks for the reply guys. So i took the adviced and called upper deck. They told me that unfortunately at the moment they cannot help me. He did mention that upper deck is going to have a redemption honoring system in 2012 but he doesnt know what years they will be honoring. Well I hope the honoring system goes my way.

Did you cry? I did. lol

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

wowo so sorry would have been a sick auto
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Bummer. I would call UD. Good luck!
Matt Holliday Refractors -75/162 - 46.3%
2006 UC Ensemble Triple Auto 69/87 - 79.0%
2007 UD Future Stars Triple Auto 11/18 - 61.0%
2007 SS Dual Auto Brwn Glv/Blk Ink 7/34 - 20.5%
[Image: TXqak.png]

This scenario is screaming lawsuit. You could bet your bottom dollar my lawyer would of already sent a certified letter. (Luckily my attorney is my best friend)
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

How is this scenerio screaming lawsuit? Its not like he bought a current box and it had a expired redemption. It sucks, but not lawsuit worthy
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(12-30-2011, 05:27 PM)Krangry Wrote: How is this scenerio screaming lawsuit? Its not like he bought a current box and it had a expired redemption. It sucks, but not lawsuit worthy
+1..I would send a personal letter explaining the situation, how long you have been collecting, what products of theirs you have or have purchased in the past..etc...maybe they send you a consolation prize!
Matt Holliday Refractors -75/162 - 46.3%
2006 UC Ensemble Triple Auto 69/87 - 79.0%
2007 UD Future Stars Triple Auto 11/18 - 61.0%
2007 SS Dual Auto Brwn Glv/Blk Ink 7/34 - 20.5%
[Image: TXqak.png]

(12-30-2011, 05:27 PM)Krangry Wrote: How is this scenerio screaming lawsuit? Its not like he bought a current box and it had a expired redemption. It sucks, but not lawsuit worthy
This would fall under Consumer Rights and advertising.

If you purchase a product you expect certain items in that product. Uppe Deck is basically giving their customers products with expired items inside. Does their packaging clearly state that expired redemption cards may be included?

And what falls under the definition of a current product. Yes In our world it can be considered 12 months. But legality wise.....you'd be surprised on how a good attorney can twist this all around. upper deck has not asked retailers to take the product off the shelves.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]