`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What card(s) have you bought knowing you paid too much?

What card(s) have you bought knowing you paid too much?
I just bought a JT that I shouldve gotten for less than $50 and know I paid too much. You know what they say misery loves company so share your bad purchases. It may make me feel better lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: What card(s) have you bought knowing you paid too much?
About 90% of my DT PC lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(12-05-2011, 10:16 PM)branesergen Wrote: About 90% of my DT PC lol
lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I have paid alot for Rare Troy Browns and Deion Branch RCs in my day. Had to drop 60 on a Deion RC, yes it was /5 and auto'd and the guy somehow had all 5, so had to pay the premium.

(12-05-2011, 10:16 PM)branesergen Wrote: About 90% of my DT PC lol
Was gonna say that about my Ricky's and my DB's. LOL
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Wow he had the whole print run? Im surprised he broke them up.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

[Image: paninithreads07.jpg]

Paid $175 on eBay from DA Card World. I tried several times to work out a smaller value since he had relisted it several times and it never sold... but they wouldn't budge. I still need the first R to complete the nameplate.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

the 2 that come to mind oddly enough are 2 Brett freekin Favre cards i bought.......Bears guy here..WTF?...both of my set triple patch cards i overpaid dearly i think......my 2010 /4 card was the cheepest sold out of the 4 made..i saw the other 3 end over $150,...1 finished up at $230... but i still think i overpaid at $110 delivered...
BUT
had to have it though...its that simple..
Smile
the 2007 set card is a /10 and i touched my toes @ $147 and change a few years ago...Sad
once again...NEEDED it....
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(12-05-2011, 10:59 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: the 2 that come to mind oddly enough are 2 Brett freekin Favre cards i bought.......Bears guy here..WTF?...both of my set triple patch cards i overpaid dearly i think......my 2010 /4 card was the cheepest sold out of the 4 made..i saw the other 3 end over $150,...1 finished up at $230... but i still think i overpaid at $110 delivered...
BUT
had to have it though...its that simple..
Smile
the 2007 set card is a /10 and i touched my toes @ $147 and change a few years ago...Sad
once again...NEEDED it....
After I read this, I have a HUGE smile on my face from ear to ear hearing that a BEARS FAN over paid for some Favre stuff!!! Hahahahaha!!! I LOVE IT!!! Big Grin

Anyways (*still smiling* lol), it seems like I usually over pay for rare Favre inserts (1990's stuff mostly) and a lot of my more rare Packers stuff as well as 1/1's. But then again, I've gotten a lot of steals on some really sweet stuff, so I guess it kinda evens it out, lol

Btw....... Im still smiling!! Smile
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

Most of my Felix PC unfortunately with the way his career is going.

Thankfully even with the craptacular year Hillis has had i'm still OK with all of my purchases of his stuff since i got alot when they were dirt cheap.What i hate is when you see not 1 but 2 cards you really need for your main PC and both are lightyears out of pricerange.
Thanks Ironman71635
[Image: hillis.jpg]
I collect Felix Jones,Darren Mcfadden,D.J. Williams (Arkansas TE),Ryan Mallett,and Mike Alstott. Peyton Hillis Super-collector 273/375 73% complete and looking for more.