Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Reyes joining Miami

Reyes joining Miami
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/731660...jose-reyes

Happy to see him get a fair deal but being a Mets fan just went from bad to unbearable. My favorite player is gone and we will probably finish last in the east...And seriously, he would have had to of been on crack to stay in Ponzi city.
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

RE: Reyes joining Miami
Wow that blows.

...best part was how Hanley Ramirez referred to him as, basically just, "another good [offensive] player" in another interview.

Well Reyes will be a good fit for Miami since they trying to rebuild the team. I dont know what Mets are trying to do other than be Dodgers part 2.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

oh, is it already time for the marlins to buy a bunch of players, win a championship, then dump all those players, like they did in 1997 and 2003?

(12-05-2011, 02:19 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: oh, is it already time for the marlins to buy a bunch of players, win a championship, then dump all those players, like they did in 1997 and 2003?
Only if the SEC does not take over the Team first.

(12-05-2011, 02:19 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: oh, is it already time for the marlins to buy a bunch of players, win a championship, then dump all those players, like they did in 1997 and 2003?
I'd take a championship ever 6 years as a Padres fan if that's what it took lol

Im pissed that he left, but i wdnt have signed him for 18 mil a year over six years. Thats absurd for him. The mets will get 2 nice picks from the marlins in the draft, and if wright and santana start off strong id dump them at the all star break and get as much young talent as possible. Given a few years to develop , by the time they are ready maybe the mets will be out of this financial mess they are in and they can go out and grab a few nice free agents to pair with the young guys and build something. They were gonna suck anyway, id rather not have that giant contract hindering them in the future when they can suck just as much without him.

(12-05-2011, 05:21 AM)john1580 Wrote: Im pissed that he left, but i wdnt have signed him for 18 mil a year over six years. Thats absurd for him. The mets will get 2 nice picks from the marlins in the draft, and if wright and santana start off strong id dump them at the all star break and get as much young talent as possible. Given a few years to develop , by the time they are ready maybe the mets will be out of this financial mess they are in and they can go out and grab a few nice free agents to pair with the young guys and build something. They were gonna suck anyway, id rather not have that giant contract hindering them in the future when they can suck just as much without him.
I have to agree with you, 18 mil for 6 years? I hate to see Reyes go also, I've been one of his fans since he was in the minors. But 18 mil and 6 years gets age and blown hamstrings with a huge contract.

im a mets fan

glad to see reyes leave. 100 million way to much for player whos always injured.i sure will miss reyes smile.last year was exception not the rule for reyes.

ruben tejada to short,or will mets over pay for some over the hill free agent shortstop??