`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Venting. Am I off base?

RE: Venting. Am I off base?
(12-06-2011, 02:08 PM)soccerscrub Wrote: I look at all my bids with the Shipping cost included. So, if I'm looking to only spend $10 on a card and the shipping and handling is $3.00, I won't bid more than $7.00.
Exactly how I am. Im spending the same amount if its $3 for shipping or free shipping.
Not to say you dont have the right to feel ripped off and wait on another card rgf17. Thats just how I do it.
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

I don't sell a ton of stuff on ebay but, a single card costs $1.75 (up to 3 oz) with dc if you use the paypal shipping. bubble mailers are around .25 if you buy enough of them. most guys want to make a buck where ever they can.
new site deals with;
TheEvilEmpire, husker101, rcostello3, berman15, twolfcorner2009, the shadow, goonstud, clemsoncowboy, bucsfan7, coachlew10

Bucket Link: http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad332/boetie84067/

(12-06-2011, 03:05 PM)awagner1 Wrote: I don't sell a ton of stuff on ebay but, a single card costs $1.75 (up to 3 oz) with dc if you use the paypal shipping. bubble mailers are around .25 if you buy enough of them. most guys want to make a buck where ever they can.
not everyone can ship with paypal shipping, however. so, 1.71 at the post office, for 3 oz, plus DC, which is required by paypal which is 80 cents. plus cost of the bubble mailer. so, 2.51, plus a ubble mailer.

so 3 dollars isnt unreasonable to expect for a card for shipping

I have been selling on ebay since 98...I have always charged FREE-$2
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(12-06-2011, 03:50 PM)chads-cards Wrote: I have been selling on ebay since 98...I have always charged FREE-$2
and the rare times i have sold singles, i usually charge $2 or 2.25. but some folks, the absolute lowest they can ship for is around $2.90. without knowing a seller's circumstances, i dont lay blame until i see 3.50 or more.

I should have clarified - I ding if its PWE and my shipping charge is $3. I am one of those that bids regardless of shipping costs. I dont really care what the shipping cost is until the package gets to me. There are many different factors involved for each individual shipper and anything up to $3 is fair for me.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(12-06-2011, 03:53 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: and the rare times i have sold singles, i usually charge $2 or 2.25. but some folks, the absolute lowest they can ship for is around $2.90. without knowing a seller's circumstances, i dont lay blame until i see 3.50 or more.
If I am buying and I need the card bad and as long as the shipping is under $3 im happy. But I just couldnt charge somebody that...$2 covers my shipping fees and bubble mailer most of the time
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

All mine are free shipping.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(12-06-2011, 03:44 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: not everyone can ship with paypal shipping, however. so, 1.71 at the post office, for 3 oz, plus DC, which is required by paypal which is 80 cents. plus cost of the bubble mailer. so, 2.51, plus a ubble mailer.

so 3 dollars isnt unreasonable to expect for a card for shipping
i have not set foot in a post office in a while. it is easier, faster, and cheaper to use paypal and put it in your own mailbox. I trade alot here and on other sites and use it for that too. just click on multi-order shipping. you are correct $3 is not unreasonable just not necessary. in most cases it is a cheap way to make a buck. why ship for $2.51 when you can print your own label with DC for $1.75?
new site deals with;
TheEvilEmpire, husker101, rcostello3, berman15, twolfcorner2009, the shadow, goonstud, clemsoncowboy, bucsfan7, coachlew10

Bucket Link: http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad332/boetie84067/

(12-06-2011, 04:01 PM)awagner1 Wrote: i have not set foot in a post office in a while. it is easier, faster, and cheaper to use paypal and put it in your own mailbox. I trade alot here and on other sites and use it for that too. just click on multi-order shipping. you are correct $3 is not unreasonable just not necessary. in most cases it is a cheap way to make a buck. why ship for $2.51 when you can print your own label with DC for $1.75?
honestly, some folks just dont know how. or dont own a scale. and if you are only selling a few cards, some folks dont consider it to be worth it

any seller selling a lot should do it with paypal shipping...it makes sense. but there's all kinds of reasons why they wouldnt

which is why i dont assume with sellers, and just take it into account when i bid