`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Venting. Am I off base?

RE: Venting. Am I off base?
1.71 to ship, gas to get the to P.O. and $ spend on buying bubblemailers. 3 Is perfectly fair to me
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

(12-04-2011, 01:48 PM)branesergen Wrote: I have bought 6 Daniel Thomas redemptions (Thank you Panini I love you so much for putting sooo many redemptions out!!) and if you sent one in a PWE I would ding your shipping stars. Yes its just a redemption but they still can be lost in the mail and I still want the card. I have paid $2-$3 for every one and will continue to pay them so that I'm confident that my "card" arrives at my house. Just because its a redemption and you dont care about damage, I'm sure you care that you receive it just so Panini can send you a replacement of a totally different person!
I'm sure you care that you receive it just so Panini can send you a replacement of a totally different person!

i love this. too true
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

LOL I'm "waiting" on a Max Komar redemption from 2010 Contenders that I initiated in June. I'm kinda hoping they send me someone else... Smile

As far as the $3 shipping goes, I too have had similar feelings in the past. But then I realized that shipping in PWE increases the chance that the card gets lost or torn up in the sorting machines and a reasonable shipping charge in a bubble mailer is $2, maybe $2.50. So then you're just complaining about 50 cents or a dollar...
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

I bouhgt one a while back, the guy wanted $3 shipping. I asked him to scratch it and email me the code. it worked good. if you want the redemption card itself ask for pwe all he can say is no.
new site deals with;
TheEvilEmpire, husker101, rcostello3, berman15, twolfcorner2009, the shadow, goonstud, clemsoncowboy, bucsfan7, coachlew10

Bucket Link: http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad332/boetie84067/

(12-04-2011, 01:48 PM)branesergen Wrote: I have bought 6 Daniel Thomas redemptions (Thank you Panini I love you so much for putting sooo many redemptions out!!) and if you sent one in a PWE I would ding your shipping stars. Yes its just a redemption but they still can be lost in the mail and I still want the card. I have paid $2-$3 for every one and will continue to pay them so that I'm confident that my "card" arrives at my house. Just because its a redemption and you dont care about damage, I'm sure you care that you receive it just so Panini can send you a replacement of a totally different person!
To ding someone due to the "possibility" of it getting lost is ludacris. If you get the card and it is in the condition you expected, you should leave full stars and maybe make a comment in the comments section about how it was shipped. You are rating on how the transaction took place with you and not on what could have happened.

Also, charging for gas is crazy too... I'm sure people drive by a post office at some point in the week and could ship their cards at that point. Or just slap a bunch of stamps on the package and put it in your mailbox.

That being said, I don't mind paying extra to ensure that my card makes it to me in a timely and safe fashion. I'm with the OP on this one, that paying $3.00 for a single card is a bit over the top.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

okay, ill say this one more time:

sellers that get paid by paypal must send with delivery confirmation as part of the terms of agreement. if they send you the code, they are not protected. if they send in a pwe, they are not protected.

3 dollars to send might be a tad high (2.50 is more the norm), but i dont believe to be dingable

$1.75 shipping w/dc & I would never send without dc.
$0.45 for mailer where I live.
So if I want it the $0.80 isnt going to keep me from getting it...
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

all points made either against my original post or agreeing are appreciated. i guess i just look at things from a different perspective than most and i can accept that. i don't bid if i feel i'm being ripped off in any matter on any card (i don't need any card that bad to be ripped off) so i'll just have to stop being impatient and look past the shipping costs "i feel" are high and wait on the next one. or just suck it up and pay the price asked "if" i feel there won't be another coming around anytime soon. that's the grey area i think most of us do struggle with on those auction sites. i know we have all ran into people who try and make up costs with high shipping. in this case that doesn't seem to be the case, just me complaining. like i said i was just venting. must have been a long day the day i originally posted this. i'm better now.
Smile

I look at all my bids with the Shipping cost included. So, if I'm looking to only spend $10 on a card and the shipping and handling is $3.00, I won't bid more than $7.00.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

(12-06-2011, 02:08 PM)soccerscrub Wrote: I look at all my bids with the Shipping cost included. So, if I'm looking to only spend $10 on a card and the shipping and handling is $3.00, I won't bid more than $7.00.
as do i. but not everyone does so that can put me 3 bucks behind from the gate. it's just another quirk you gotta deal with when bidding on auctions