`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCS tell me what you want

RE: LCS tell me what you want
(11-29-2011, 01:46 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Our old shop had lights in every case...then the fading happened lol...we havent trust them since...but I do wanna try and make some mirror backed wall mounts that hold about 50 cards each
ya nothing real strong look those old school close up lighting, more like softer florescents that are UV friendly, itll really light up a heck of alot better and make those cars shine too
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(11-29-2011, 01:46 AM)hellsbells Wrote: Most LCS's I've seen have their individual cards in a glass case (usually broken down by sport). This works good, but I think that if they arranged them by selling price it would help some people.

I know that looking at each and every card takes a while, but for some of us that don't have a lot of money, it would be cool to look at an area and know that we can afford all of them (like a $5 row of patches/au/gu - or a $10 row).

Also, since I can't really afford to buy the bigger value cards of some of my favorites (letterman cards, printing plates, 1/1) it would be cool if those that are affordable were displayed in an area alone. I know that I got a Letterman in a trade here once, not because I like the player, but just to actually have one of those cards - would probably do the same with a printing plate - would be cool just to have one.

This might also help with kids getting into the hobby - if all they see are Cam Newton Patches for 200, or stars for high prices, they might never want to continue. It seems that each year there are plates/patches/gu/au of players that fizzle out and end up working at the grocery store and it would be a way for kids to have high end cards cheap.

Also - label all of the boxes and packs with prices - a couple of the stores here don't, and I get tired of having to ask on each one how much they want. One guy labels with sticky notes, so he can easily change the price if needed, but it makes it easier for me to decide.

Ken
Yeah we use post-its because we price our wax according to market value. We have a 3-row of jersey cards 4/$10...thats the biggest hit with the kids that come in...and we have 1000's of packs for $1 each...we only keep current product within the last couple years for packs on our shelves and the rest go into boxes for the kids to get for cheap.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

I'd like things categorized by players or teams definitely. I know it would take a while. And it would be the team in which the player is on the card, not the team that they are currently on. I hate going to the LCS looking for a certain player or team and having to sciphen through a whole mess of cards just to find the team / player of interest. Also, like said before, have stuff in cases organized by pricing. Would make those with less funds more eager to buy and will challenge and entice those with more money to see their little "vip" (lol) section for them to browse
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

also some radio advertisements might help bring in some more traffic or some trips to schools. I suspect alot of kids dont even know about the hobby due to all kinds of issues these days and may not even know of your shop.
do you guys got a website where you sell stuff?

We do a program through the cubscouts...every other month a troop comes in of around 15 kids and my dad teaches them the history of sports cards and how to collect and protect cards then he shows them pack wars and what not...we we are starting to organize out the HOF players and local players...we just buy so much on a weekly basis its hard to catch up when stuff keep coming in. And we dont get as many people buying singles these days...thats why we have started to do more shows...we go through alot of wax

(11-29-2011, 01:57 AM)chads-cards Wrote: We do a program through the cubscouts...every other month a troop comes in of around 15 kids and my dad teaches them the history of sports cards and how to collect and protect cards then he shows them pack wars and what not...we we are starting to organize out the HOF players and local players...we just buy so much on a weekly basis its hard to catch up when stuff keep coming in. And we dont get as many people buying singles these days...thats why we have started to do more shows...we go through alot of wax
Now that is perdy darn cool

Well, Im attracted to bright lights & shiney stuff, lol

I personally sports divided into sections.
Boxes/pack (old & new) on main display shelves.
Higher end stuff in showcases.
And I love me some good bargin bins.

Jus my thoughts Smile
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(11-29-2011, 02:00 AM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: Well, Im attracted to bright lights & shiney stuff, lol

I personally sports divided into sections.
Boxes/pack (old & new) on main display shelves.
Higher end stuff in showcases.
And I love me some good bargin bins.

Jus my thoughts Smile
yeah and I would love to have some people come in and organize cards for us haha...I am busy prepping stuff for shows/ebay/and to be put out in our shop. And since im not at the actual shop too much its hard...im away for a couple months then there every day for a month straight.

(11-29-2011, 01:57 AM)chads-cards Wrote: We do a program through the cubscouts...every other month a troop comes in of around 15 kids and my dad teaches them the history of sports cards and how to collect and protect cards then he shows them pack wars and what not...we we are starting to organize out the HOF players and local players...we just buy so much on a weekly basis its hard to catch up when stuff keep coming in. And we dont get as many people buying singles these days...thats why we have started to do more shows...we go through alot of wax
totally cool Smile props to your Dad for doing this Smile

what do we want ???

a clean "fresh" store, what I mean by this is, clean counters (easy to view) "fresh" products in the display cases ..... we may be interested in something you have but if we can't find it Sad and if you rotate cards in and out of the cases it'll keep folks looking for something new Smile

I personally hate clutter and stacked cards in displays ..... if we can't quickly find something of interest, we move on Wink

a "clearance" section of older boxes ..... we love to bust older stuff and do not want to pay full pop just because there might be a Drew Bledsoe RC in that box, yes, it's a lost leader but it may turn over older stale goods for ya Smile

post up some pics of your shop when you get a chance, we'd love to see it Smile plus how far are you from Buffalo ???

pbean

Hmmmm im not sure haha...and yeah we keep our counters cleared for the most part...they only get stuff on them when we are buying a deal or processing through that deal. And about the older wax we have a cubed shelving unit thing that has 6 different zones and each one is a different price ranging from $20-$70