`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Best retail pull of my life ... THE LUCK CONTINUES!

RE: Best retail pull of my life, and maybe ever ... UPDATED WITH SCAN!
You sir are on FIRE!!! Nice love to see the Magic auto!

great pull !
Photobucket

(01-03-2012, 09:26 PM)hiiimitalian989 Wrote: great pull !
Yeah, thanks a lot, everybody ... it's kind of sentimental, too, because Magic was always my dad's favorite player. I'll try to get a scan up soon. It's a beauty, because the blue sig really pops off the light background of the card.

OK, so now I officially need hosing off, because I'm officially on fire ... by now you've seen the Bryce Harper, and hopefully you read about the Magic Johnson auto I pulled the other day.

I was at Target tonight and saw one lonely box of Absolute football ... as I've learned from these forums, you never leave one box behind.

I've been pulling two jerseys out of these things, but I noticed three of the packs were thicker in this one.

THREE HITS?

As I always do, I put the 'hit' packs off to the side and open the regular packs.

However, third pack in of the 'regular' packs, I notice there's a game-used card and only like four base cards, which is why I didn't notice it was a 'hit' pack.

So now I'm thinking ... FOUR HITS IN A BLASTER?

Yep. Never seen that before.

The first ... DeMarco Murray Star Gazing jersey.

The second ... Torrey Smith Star Gazing jersey.

The third ... Taiwan Jones War Room jersey.

The fourth ... Vincent Brown War Room jersey.

All in all, not the greatest of hits ... BUT FOUR HITS? SERIOUSLY?

I'll try to get scans of the Magic Johnson and the four Absolute hits up as soon as I can. Take care! RJ

RE: Best retail pull of my life ... PLUS MAGIC AUTO AND FOUR-HIT BLASTER! EN FUEGO!
Your like NBA Jam on fire!!!

RE: Best retail pull of my life ... PLUS MAGIC AUTO AND FOUR-HIT BLASTER! EN FUEGO!
(01-05-2012, 10:53 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Your like NBA Jam on fire!!!
Great video game. We used to have a Sega and I believe the hoops game was called David Robinson Basketball. There was like one guy that could score from anywhere - they weren't licensed, so they were all made up - and my brother and I used to fight over who got to be him.

He was a lefty, so I assume he was supposed to be the David Robinson guy.

And oh, by the way ... no serial-numbered rookie in my Absolute blaster! What a rip-off!

Just kidding, I'm going to punch myself in the face now for saying that.

I always laugh when people get an extra hit in a box and complain that it's a scrub. Take care, RJ

RE: Best retail pull of my life ... THE LUCK CONTINUES!

OK, so, very cool story ... my insane luck continues.

Today I took a Bowman Bryce Harper auto (not the Chrome one I pulled from retail), a nice Upper Deck Premier Chris Paul auto/25, a Cam Newton Rookie Jersey Collection from Absolute and some 49ers jersey cards to my LCS to trade for the last three boxes he had of 2009-10 Bowman 48 Basketball.

For some reason, I really like these boxes ... three autos of mostly star players per box, and only 30 in the set, so there's a pretty decent chance you'll pull a good one — I busted two of these a couple of weeks ago and pulled a Magic Johnson.

The two I really wanted, however, were Derrick Rose and Dwight Howard.

However, the LCS owner only wanted to trade two of the boxes for the lot, and we couldn't swing a deal — no way was I going to leave without the third box if I traded my Harper.

So I asked him what it would take to get one box if I kept the Harper, because I figured if I didn't get anything I wanted I at least still had my Harper.

He agreed to do one box for all the other cards besides Harper and $20 in cash.

First auto ... Josh Smith (not bad, I like him, didn't have an auto of him).

Second auto ... Dwight Howard.

Third auto ... Derrick Rose.

Remember, I also kept my Bryce Harper.

I'll try to get scans up as soon as I can ... take care, RJ

what's your birthday?
(i need some lotto numbers..heehhee!)

Dare I say EN FUEGO!!!! Send me some of that MOJO please! NBA Jam needs to be emulated or something I could play that game forever! Another of my favorite video games was Dragon's Lair 1 and 2. Sunk many quarters into that one! Years later while at school I met Don Bluth and Gary Goldman the creators and have a shirt signed by both of them! Lately I pulled a 2010 topps logo mlb of Kevin Youklis out of 2 packs of 10 draft!

(01-18-2012, 10:40 PM)mikmouse24 Wrote: what's your birthday?
(i need some lotto numbers..heehhee!)
Yeah, seriously, I need to quit now. I've never been this lucky for this long, relative to the cash spent/stuff traded.

The killer was yesterday, I seriously don't think I'll be able to top it.

The LCS owner even said, 'I can't believe you're trading this' about the Harper before we finally figured out a deal that didn't include it.

I was driving home with the Rose, the Howard, AND the Harper still in my possession, and couldn't believe how close I came to actually trading the Bryce.

Funny thing is, if he would have just traded all three boxes, I would have given up the Harper — especially since they had been collecting dust for over two years now.

Since I pulled both the Rose and the Howard in the top box, I would have been upset that I traded my Harper without needing to bust the last two.

Trading the Paul stung a little bit (no pun intended, get it, Hornets?) but the Newton was a dupe, and who knows, I may just go buy back the 49ers stuff I traded because I get paid tomorrow. Hee hee ... Take care, RJ
(01-18-2012, 11:00 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Dare I say EN FUEGO!!!! Send me some of that MOJO please! NBA Jam needs to be emulated or something I could play that game forever! Another of my favorite video games was Dragon's Lair 1 and 2. Sunk many quarters into that one! Years later while at school I met Don Bluth and Gary Goldman the creators and have a shirt signed by both of them! Lately I pulled a 2010 topps logo mlb of Kevin Youklis out of 2 packs of 10 draft!
Those logo cards are sweet ... I got a Yogi Berra once ... nice pull. As for the video games, I'm pretty much a sports guy only, but that's cool you met those guys ... RJ