`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1956 mantle....numeric grade or authenticate?

1956 mantle....numeric grade or authenticate?
Gonna be sending in a bunch of vintage for grading. I have a 1956 topps mantle that with the exception of a small pin hole would probably grade a 2.5-3.0. Still, though, not a bad card. Corners are a bit soft, but no creases. I don't know if I should send it in for a numeric grading or just to authenticate it. I don't have plans to resell as I have never sold any of my cards, but tracking sales I noticed even BVG and PSA 1.0-1.5 resell pretty well....but if i only authenticate and try to sell one day buyers might not know why it is authenticated only...let me know...thanks

RE: 1956 mantle....numeric grade or authenticate?
I wish I could give you answer, but piggy backing off your question as I am new to the card world What does a card that is simply authenticated look like vs. one that gets the numerical grade? I just would like to see an image of the presentation as if it would simply better just to get the number grade to ward off suspecting buyers or traders.

(04-22-2012, 11:19 PM)jsw_2003 Wrote: I wish I could give you answer, but piggy backing off your question as I am new to the card world What does a card that is simply authenticated look like vs. one that gets the numerical grade? I just would like to see an image of the presentation as if it would simply better just to get the number grade to ward off suspecting buyers or traders.
Here's Authentic only:
[Image: KGrHqRHJCQE9q5g0PieBPlK5Pcoe60_58.jpg]

Here's graded with a numerical grade:
[Image: 1993Duracell_PowerPlayersI_20_BGS9_59560...raded9.jpg]
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

On a card like a '56 Mantle, that you feel confident will get better than 1 - 2, I would definitely get the card graded, not just authenticated. Not just for value purposes, which I think you would certainly benefit from, but if you ever wanted to improve upon the card, and replace it, you would know exactly where the bar was set.

I preferred a numeric grade, no matter how low it might be. As Greco mentioned, nice to know where it stands. I got this graded a long time ago and it has subgrades. Wound up with 7.0, 1.5, 2, and 2.

I personally would go with a numerical grade vs authentication. I don't care for the blue labels and as the other members have said, you know the bar if you want to sell or upgrade.