`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panini is a straight joke, I am done...

RE: Panini is a straight joke, I am done...
wow sorry to hear man
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

I feel for you. I gave up on Panini long ago. It seemed like everything I opened had a redemption, was missing a hit (or 3), or I got the same player for every hit in the box.

What would you rather them do? Not put these guys in the set? Its not panini, its the players. And as far as not pulling anything to brag about....sometimes thats just how the cookie crumbles Sad

(11-27-2011, 12:04 AM)dfcj1499 Wrote: What would you rather them do? Not put these guys in the set? Its not panini, its the players. And as far as not pulling anything to brag about....sometimes thats just how the cookie crumbles Sad
Honestly yeah, dont put them in the set if they don't sign in time at least. I'd rather have a HOF or RC nice patch card than these redemptions of players that arn't even on a nfl roster (todman) Its one thing to pull junk out of a box, but half a case and not even a half decent hit, and they're all redemptions..come on now

EDIT: not just certified either, half a case of crown royale, over 500 spent and the only decent thing to show for that? A demarco murray RPS auto patch...and you guessed it, it's a redemption

One of the many reasons I quit busting wax....I found that I enjoy it more and get a ton more bang for my buck just buying the cards I want as opposed to buying boxes/packs.

I mean chances are...every time u buy a box...u could buy ever card u get in that box for half the money or less...way less in some instances.

I may get a wild hair and grab a couple packs here and there...but my days of buying lots of boxes are long gone.

I could spend 100 bucks on a box...or buy a sweet Marino or Manning auto for my PC...heck 100 bucks could get me a few cards for my collection...chances are a box wouldnt yield a single one.

I just cant bring myself to drop $100 or more knowing that I will most likely get 2 or 3 single color event worn garbage cards u could buy for under 5 bucks...and a rookie auto of somebody that wont be in the league in 2 years.

Yes I dont get the thrill of busting a box...or that ever so slight..and I mean SLIGHT chance of getting an insane mega hit....but at the end of the day I get the stuff I want...and I know I am not just throwing my money away.

To me it just seems like its Panini. Topps seems to do ok. A $100 box of Finest gave me its value and then some. If Panini cant get the autos to put into the actual product then they need to lower the hit count and lower the box price. People say the masses are screaming for more autos and more patches but its counterproductive the way Panini is handling it. I personally would rather pay $50 for a box of Certified and only get 1 or 2 hits that are actually in the box then pay $100 for the same 1 to 2 hits and one be missing and the 4th hit is a redemption. Topps Chrome is a perfect example - $100 for a box with ONE auto. Sells VERY well. No redemptions (That I know of) yet it flies off the shelves - why? Because Topps is inventive and load their boxes up with quality players for the most part and puts inserts in every pack so you actually get $100 worth of product and not $10 worth thats in a Panini box. Hell Panini already has 17 1/1's of every player in any particular product, why not remove a redemption and make 2 or 3 more 1/1's in their place lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Excellent. Everyone stop buying boxes. That will make them much cheaper for my Saturday buying sprees.

I understand that redemptions suck but if you had hit three Newton auto's you would be screaming how great Certified is.

(11-27-2011, 04:06 PM)crtorres7382 Wrote: I understand that redemptions suck but if you had hit three Newton auto's you would be screaming how great Certified is.
I don't think that's the OP's point. His point, which I agree with, is you don't delay releasing a product for at least a month then come out and have a redemption in every other box. That's way too much. If you don't have the cards in hand, then don't promote them or don't release the product until you get them.

Panini did the same thing last year. 2/5ths of Certified had redemptions for sticker autos no less. I'm still waiting on McCluster from last year's product. What's worse is some of these same players will have autos in Gridiron Gear and other upcoming Panini releases.

I have a 24 box master case coming. Based on other breaks I've seen, I'm regretting this purchase ( made 2 months ago). I've seen one break where there were 10-12 redemptions in 24 boxes. Not right and bad business!

I still wonder why people break boxes. I will ONLY buy 2008 Press Pass Legends Bowl Edition boxes because I've bought 5 and made my money back on every single one.

It's insane to buy a $100 box and get absolutely NOTHING. A few event-worn shirts and an undrafted free agent auto, haha that sounds like a joke. But it's reality.

I could buy AT LEAST 8-10 nice PC cards for the price of one box that will give you nothing you want 90% of the time.
[Image: scan0058-2-1.jpg][/URL]
[Image: scan0049-1_zpsa96ce2c3.jpg][/URL]