`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
WHICH PLAYERS ONLY HAVE A FEW AUTO CARDS?

RE: WHICH PLAYERS ONLY HAVE A FEW AUTO CARDS?
I'm surprised no one mentioned DRAZEN PETROVIC. Such a great athlete and could have been one the greatest players to ever play the game. I wonder how many auto's he has.

(06-26-2012, 12:05 PM)lyyca63 Wrote: I'm surprised no one mentioned DRAZEN PETROVIC.
Drazen Petrovic has 92 cards + 2 multi-sport cards, 3 RC's, no autographs...

total value of cards: $463.95
average price: $5.04

Check out his checklist under following link:
http://www.beckett.com/search/#term=DRAZEN%20PETROVIC

Don Nelson - 29 autos (as player & coach)

** for list of autos click here: http://www.beckett.com/search/#term=Don+...attr=24466

Was going through my organization checking out the OPG & came across Don Nelson, I did not know much about him, except his coaching career.. I never knew he played two seasons with the Lakers before he was traded to the Celtics. He does not have any cards in a Lakers uniform according to Beckett database.

Don Nelson has 5 NBA Championships as a celtics player.

"On March 29, 2012, Nelson said he was informed that he will be inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame" (I take it he'll go to the HOF as a Coach, not player)

Read about his career:
REF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Nelson

I read up on Don Nelson's career after realizing that I had one of his Chronology autograph cards (2007-08 Chronology Autographs Gold #209 Don Nelson /10)... Was thinking about selling it, until I checked how many different autos he has.. & now reading that is is expected to be inducted into the HOF.. he's a keeper..

Looks like he does not sign many autos, since they are all UD cards, except one Fleer..

Jim Price

19 - different cards
4 - different autos

2007-08 Chronology
2007-08 Chronology gold /10
2009-10 SP Signature Edition 3 Star Signatures #3SWRP Pat Riley/Jamaal Wilkes/Jim Price/35
2009-10 SP Signature Edition INKredible #IJP Jim Price/99

Surprised Panini hasn't put any autos out of him... Wikipedia doesn't say much about him..
Read this if you are interested in reading about his stats... http://www.basketball-reference.com/play...eji01.html
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

two more players with limited autos...

Cedric Ceballos - 2 autos
1990 Star Pics Autographs #23 Cedric Ceballos
2011-12 Panini Past and Present Elusive Ink Autographs #CC Cedric Ceballos
(Thank you Panini for making an auto card, but can we have one in a Laker's uniform)

Latrell Sprewell - 9 autos
(note: his cards are worth a pretty penny. No autos since 2001-02)

(09-12-2012, 08:30 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: Latrell Sprewell - 9 autos
(note: his cards are worth a pretty penny. No autos since 2001-02)
Rumor has it....that PJ Carlisimo was actually just asking for an autograph...true story.

Larry Brown
George Karl
Pj Carlisimo...lol

jaja... Pj Carlisimo... didn't even know who he was.. had to look him up.. Never paid attention to him.. & lost track of Sprewell in the mid 90's...

Regarding SPERWELL's career:
his career was overshadowed by a 1997 incident in which he choked coach P.J. Carlesimo during a practice, which ultimately resulted in a 68-game suspension.

Sprewell's career came to an unexpected end in 2005 when he refused a $21-million three-year contract offer from the Timberwolves, which he implied would not be enough to feed his children. Since that time, he has made headlines for grounding his million dollar yacht, having two of his homes foreclosed upon, and being prohibited from seeing his children

--- $21 million couldn't feed his children.. give me a half million.. It will feed my 2yr old son (turns 3 in OCT) & put him through college... he already knows his ABC's & can count to 20 both in English & Spanish.. got to teach him spanish, since his mom was born in Juarez..while I am a gringo.

Doug Collin. He was a great coach but did anyone here know that he was the number 1 pick overall back in the day as a player.

(09-13-2012, 05:42 AM)sky20t Wrote: Doug Collin. He was a great coach but did anyone here know that he was the number 1 pick overall back in the day as a player.
Which gives me a good idea, for you Panini execs that troll the boards: Family signature cards. Doug/Mike Dunleavy. The whole Barry Clan. Lopez Twins. Griffin Twins.

You're welcome, please send two cases of Prestige per year for the rest of my life, address available by pm....