`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Absolute Memorabilia

Question about Absolute Memorabilia
First off I'm just getting back into cards after not buying anything for years so this might be a stupid question. I just bought a double pack of 2011 absolute memorabilia at target, it had 20 cards in each pack. I got a couple nice cards a julio jones war room and a fred jackson tools of the trade jersey #/199. But i noticed on the price guide that for the base cards there is a retail price and non retail. What's the difference between the base cards? Also are the 2 inserts less valuable because they're retail? Sorry for the long post but any info would be appreciated

RE: Question about Absolute Memorabilia
Some sets come in both Hobby (found at card shops) and Retail (found at Target/Walmart/etc) versions. For Absolute, the Retail versions are on regular white card stock, and the Hobby versions are on shiny foil board and maybe slightly thicker. Most likely, only the base cards have both Hobby and Retail versions--your Julio war room and Fred Jackson jsy won't have hobby/retail versions. Hobby packs are usually significantly more expensive, but you have a far better chance of pulling the big hits. Though this year, both Topps and Panini have been putting some sick hits in their retail stuff as well. Hope that helps!
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

Thanks for the help. I guess that was a pretty good value for only $5. I also got a topps chrome box for $20. Is there any difference in those base cards?

No difference in the base cards for those, although there are "retail exclusive" or "hobby exclusive" parallels in some cases. I believe the orange refractors in Topps Chrome are retail only.

Thanks again. 1 one more question. I pulled a Cam Newton and Von Miller base card. How do I know if it's the a or b card?

http://www.dailywax.com/2011/07/2011-top...tion-list/