`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Broncos release Kyle Orton

RE: Broncos release Kyle Orton
(11-22-2011, 06:14 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Looks like Elway screws the Bronco's again, Just because someone was a good player doesn't make them a good coach or especially a good GM, letting Orton go and keeping Tebow definitely going to come back and bite them on arse.

Orton is either going to end up on the Seahawks, or the Raiders, Palmer is too iffy as a team leader, and since the Raiders have a great chance to make the playoff's so I look for them to pick up someone else to lead them through the playoff's, Palmer will never be able to do it.
What are you talking about Palmer is iffy as a leader? This guys is rocking in oakland, and I'm no oakland or palmer fan...

All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

I fully expect Denver to draft a QB next year with their first pick wherever that might be. They are probably out of the running for Luck but there are still some decent QB's to choose from. I don't see Tebow being in Denver long term and I think at this point the smartest thing for them to do is to let him finish out the season and hope another team is impressed enough to give up a late round pick or two on him.

(11-22-2011, 07:34 PM)westhoustonvw Wrote: What are you talking about Palmer is iffy as a leader? This guys is rocking in oakland, and I'm no oakland or palmer fan...
I have to disagree with this, he has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns (6-7), lost more yards on sacks (7-42), has no scrambling capabilities worth a hoot, or he doesn't know how one or the other, etc...

If it weren't for the other players like Heyward-Bay, Michael Bush, Kevin Boss, etc... they would have lost that game on Sunday.

And he will choke when it comes down to crunch time, because they pretty well have a tough schedule the rest of the season, with the Bears, Lions, Dolphins,Packers, Chiefs and Chargers, and I don't expect Palmer to last more than a half against the Bears
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(11-22-2011, 08:03 PM)shezdoni Wrote: I have to disagree with this, he has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns (6-7), lost more yards on sacks (7-42), has no scrambling capabilities worth a hoot, or he doesn't know how one or the other, etc...

If it weren't for the other players like Heyward-Bay, Michael Bush, Kevin Boss, etc... they would have lost that game on Sunday.

And he will choke when it comes down to crunch time, because they pretty well have a tough schedule the rest of the season, with the Bears, Lions, Dolphins,Packers, Chiefs and Chargers, and I don't expect Palmer to last more than a half against the Bears
But still, they sold the farm (1st and 2nd rounder). To give up on him would mean they screwd up hard after a month. He's only been working out with the team for about a month. Learning the plays and developing the chemistry. They aren't giving up on him that quick. And a bunch of his picks were in the first two games (first game when they were down like 3 TD and he had 2-3 days of reps probably). Otherwise he is 2-1 as a starter on a 2 game winning streak. Peyton doesn't know how to scramble either, but that isn't a knock on his game.

If anybody picks him up off waivers, they only owe up to $3 Million (post trade-deadline CBA) of whatever is left on his contract.

1. CHI
2. HOU
3. KC

Texans will look at him. Let's face it, Leinart, well he just isn't that good.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

I dont feel bad for the guy. He knew he wasnt wanted in Denver, yet, refused to take any sort of a pay cut when trade talks in Miami were brewing. Could have started in Miami. Instead, it was all about the money. Hope it was worth it. I wouldnt be suprised if no one picks him up. It will cost a team 3 Million on the cap to sign Orton.

Funny though. Denver let go of a QB who could throw, but had no mobility for a QB who has trouble throwing, but amazing mobility. Wins are wins. I like the move. Ugly or not. Its nice to see the Broncos competetive again.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

I see many points being made but does anyone not see the writing on the wall? Cutler goes down Sunday. Tuesday Orton gets "released" not traded. Chicago will have him within 48 hours and pick up the remainder of his contract moving Hanie or Enderle to the practice squad. They have a solid team ready to make a run at the wildcard be it a long shot we all know anything can happen (example, 2011 Colts). Orton knows the system in Chicago better than any other qb out there minus Cutler obviously. Hanie (yeah right) and Enderle (rc) not gonna help that push. Kansas City, Houston and even Miami may be a possible landing spot but why would he want to go to any of those teams? KC, sorry lump, just not appealing. Houston, he knows he'll be traded once the seasons end. Miami, again not appealing. Anyways, again this is just opinions but I think they're pretty good ones.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

here in idaho and being a boise st. Fan and denver fan there have been talks that denver has been scouting kellen moore I was an orton and wasn't thrilled with the switch but there something tebow not always perdy but gets it done .. Just kinda courious what the future holds for denver ..
a> href="http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n510/marty74elwaybroncos/?action=view&current=martywood74.jpg" target="_blank">my sig banner

i wouldnt be surprised to see him end up a colt. Didnt they try to shop him around right after lockout ended with no luck?
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(11-22-2011, 05:59 PM)cmccart8 Wrote: I wonder if the Denver front office was actually rooting for Tebow to fail so that they would only win 1-2 games on the season....so that they would have a shot at one of the big name qbs like Luck...As an avid Tebow supporter I would hope not but that would kind of make sense. Now, Tebow has them in a position where they probably wouldn't be in the Luck sweepstakes regardless what happens in the final 6...so they might as well stay with him.
I actually heard an interview with Elway yesterday, when asked if their QB of the future is on the roster now, he said "No"! You know, a funny thing happened on the way to throwing Tebow in to shut up all the fans chanting for him to play (of course, expecting him to fall on his face). He turned out to be pretty competitive, ugly, but competitive. Now, the front office has a real problem on their hands, what the heck to they do with this guy? Can his style of play continue to work and for the record, most experts say, No way! And lastly, how in the world can they not play him.

I was frankly shocked they released Orton and at the end of the day, I suspect he's happy. I really don't see the Broncos being much better than 50/50, as much as I love Tebow's spirit. BTW, I have to mute the TV when he talks. I'm a Christian and all but really? It looks like we'll have to wait and see how this story plays out.