`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
2011 NL MVP Ryan Braun

RE: 2011 NL MVP Ryan Braun
Kemp got screwed and I hate the Dodgers. They just didn't want to give the Dodgers the MVP and Cy Young I guess.

(11-22-2011, 08:35 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: Kemp got screwed and I hate the Dodgers. They just didn't want to give the Dodgers the MVP and Cy Young I guess.
So the MVP and CY young aren't on the same team?!

I can almost guarantee you that's not the reason they didn't choose Kemp. They probably thought along the lines of what a couple posts ^ said.

kemp had slightly better numbers, but did not play on a contender, and fact is, that matters. MVP isnt about the best numbers, and if a player on a team that isnt in contention, he has to have overwhelmingly better numbers, ala Dawson in 87

(11-22-2011, 09:56 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: kemp had slightly better numbers, but did not play on a contender, and fact is, that matters. MVP isnt about the best numbers, and if a player on a team that isnt in contention, he has to have overwhelmingly better numbers, ala Dawson in 87
Of course it matters. I never said it didn't. But that doesn't have anything to do with the MVP and CY young being on the same team whether that team is in contention or not.

With us sitting here speculating what the voters are weighing their votes on probably isn't that realistic with the number of people on this forum compared to the writers that have votes for the MVP.

(11-22-2011, 11:17 PM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: Of course it matters. I never said it didn't. But that doesn't have anything to do with the MVP and CY young being on the same team whether that team is in contention or not.

With us sitting here speculating what the voters are weighing their votes on probably isn't that realistic with the number of people on this forum compared to the writers that have votes for the MVP.
i wasnt arguing with you :p

the whole "they dont want the dodgers to win" argument is borderline paranoid schizophrenia

(11-22-2011, 11:38 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i wasnt arguing with you :p

the whole "they dont want the dodgers to win" argument is borderline paranoid schizophrenia
My bad man, I misinterpreted the post. The Dodgers are an interesting team with a lot of history and with the right ownership, that franchise could go in a really good direction.

I was pretty intrigued a while back when I heard that Mark Cuban was interested in possibly buying the team. I have been to a lot of Mavs games in my life and while I have never met Mark Cuban, he is a fans owner and would have been really cool to see him finally own a baseball team like the Cubs or Dodgers.

Kemp got screwed period whether the Dodgers sucked or not.

(11-23-2011, 01:28 AM)PadresFan86 Wrote: Kemp got screwed period whether the Dodgers sucked or not.
how? im not seeing it

braun
BA: .332
OBP: .397
XBH: 77
OPS+: 166

and his team made the playoffs. complain all you want, but this has always been a factor

as far as WAR: kemp had 10.0, braun 7.7. the difference? then absolute paucity of of centerfielders in the NL right now. if you understand how WAR is calculated, you understand that kemp's WAR is boosted because his position is in a downturn right now, while his numbers are in an upturn. braun plays a position with more competitive players

in fact, if you look at fangraph's WAR calculation, you see that Kemp's entire edge at WAR is due to position, and the payers are essentially tied otherwise.

Nice cards man

(11-23-2011, 04:41 PM)moose777 Wrote: Nice cards man
Thanks alot! I appreciate the kind words. I got super excited to show off some nicer brauns when I found out that he won the MVP! Not only excited but very shocked! I knew with the season Kemp had, that it was going to be close.