`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/1 Mailday, and the wind is out of my sails......

1/1 Mailday, and the wind is out of my sails......
So here's the scoop:

As just about everyone here knows, I collect LSU and Saints, amoung other things. Lately I have been challenging myself to limit which cards I get. I've pretty much decided on collecting the ONES of a set, mainly one of ones or the first card, if possible, unless it's a really good looking card or one I just can't live without. The unfortunate thing is it's going to be a lot more expensive.......

I have been having major problems with my postal carrier for as long a I can remember. I have to pay extra to a shipping company to deliver my mail to the post office, because in the past, when I have brought mail directly there , it has gotten "lost" or "missing", or in the case of delivery confirmation, they never bothered to log it into the system. It costs me more, but since I do this other method, I have had no problems mailing stuff and if I ever do, they will back me 100%. This still doesn't help when I get mail delivered to my home PO Box. The guy always shows up with headphones on (didn't know you could drive with them on , thought it was against the law), oftentimes shoves the mail into my box, and so on. The past few weeks, I have gotten mail three days a week, when I used to get it every day, and things are taking a hell of a lot longer.

Well, I figured out what has been going on. I was gone all weekend, and passed by my apartment this morning to check my mail. Noticed about five padded envelopes sitting on top of the PO Boxes. Looked and ...surprise, they were all mine. The genius had been putting them in the wrong boxes. I'm pretty sure my mail had been sitting out all weekend. Thank goodness I have some honest neighbors here, but this is going to force me to go and rent a PO Box at my shipping company now, cuz I can't take a chance on this crap happening again.

Anywho, I opened my packages because I had been waiting on a few items to come in, and they did. Here's the two:
[Image: IMG_0001.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0002.jpg]
2005 Topps Total Aaron Brooks Cyan Printing Plates 1/1 Front and Back. The good thing is he wasn't that good, but he was a Saint, and safe to say a little better than another #2 who played for the Raiders.......
FYI.....he also stayed out of legal trouble, unlike his cousins (Mike and Marcus)

But I was really waiting for this one:

[Image: IMG_0003.jpg]

The cheapest White Whale I've ever gotten. LSU guy. Cost me an Andrew Jackson. Unfortunately....... I found out the day I won this card, Mr. Scott had been arrested and charged for rape in Baton Rouge.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

RE: 1/1 Mailday, and the wind is out of my sails......
Nice pick ups Duch the patch on that I is sweet plus who can pass up a front and back plate combo
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641