`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verlander wins MVP and CY young!

Verlander wins MVP and CY young!
Congrats to him, he deffinatly deserved it with his outstanding season, congrats justin!
collecting Cheslor Cuthbert.
I can 50/50 midwest league autos.
[Image: chesbatting-2-1.jpg]

RE: Verlander wins MVP and CY young!
I generally don't like the idea of SP's winning the MVP as they have the Cy Young but I can't really argue with the choice in this case.

Congrats to Mr. Verlander on becoming the first pitcher to win the MVP since Eckersley in 1992

if pedro martinez didnt win in 1999, verlander shouldnt have won mvp this year

A pitcher should not win unless 2 things happen: 1. the pitcher has a historical seson 2. there are no worthy offensive players

this year, verlander had an incredible season. i dont know if id call it historic. additionally, there were at least 4 offensive players that had incredible seasons.

pedro, on the other hand, had a historic season in 1999. however, ivan rodriguez also had an insane season, one that must be measured offensively and defensively (defensively, he had a historic season). however, pedro's season might be one of the best 5 in baseball history. i dont think you can begrudge ivan for his win - he deserved it. but pedro didnt win because of the two writers who didnt vote for pedro at all. they deserve a rusty chainsaw

Congrats JV!

Agreed...it's a joke. There were more position players who deserved votes than any year in recent memory. I wouldn't mind if there weren't position players whose seasons were just as impressive...
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

(11-21-2011, 02:41 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: I generally don't like the idea of SP's winning the MVP as they have the Cy Young but I can't really argue with the choice in this case.

Congrats to Mr. Verlander on becoming the first pitcher to win the MVP since Eckersley in 1992
I agree. Not a fan, but a nice accomplishment. Congrats.
Matt Holliday Refractors -75/162 - 46.3%
2006 UC Ensemble Triple Auto 69/87 - 79.0%
2007 UD Future Stars Triple Auto 11/18 - 61.0%
2007 SS Dual Auto Brwn Glv/Blk Ink 7/34 - 20.5%
[Image: TXqak.png]

I don't have a problem with him winning both of them this year. He had an amazing year.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

If I hear another if Pedro didn't win it then no pitcher should not win the MVP. Get over it.................Congrats to JV you are the MVP and no one can take that away from you.
Detroit Tigers Set Collector
Justin Verlander Miguel Cabrera Al Kaline Ty Cobb

it's not that pedro didnt win, so no one else should. but here is the facts

pedro had a top 5 season of all-time in 1999.
verlander had a very good season

look at their season compared to league averages of those respective years

if a pitcher wins, he should be clearly head and shoulders above not only the offensive candidates, but also among his pitching brethren (as in how far over league average, compared with historical differences in league average)

pedro met that standard in 99. you could argue eck did a well

you cannot make that argument about verlander this year

(11-21-2011, 02:44 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: if pedro martinez didnt win in 1999, verlander shouldnt have won mvp this year

A pitcher should not win unless 2 things happen: 1. the pitcher has a historical seson 2. there are no worthy offensive players

this year, verlander had an incredible season. i dont know if id call it historic. additionally, there were at least 4 offensive players that had incredible seasons.

pedro, on the other hand, had a historic season in 1999. however, ivan rodriguez also had an insane season, one that must be measured offensively and defensively (defensively, he had a historic season). however, pedro's season might be one of the best 5 in baseball history. i dont think you can begrudge ivan for his win - he deserved it. but pedro didnt win because of the two writers who didnt vote for pedro at all. they deserve a rusty chainsaw
the word MVP is most valuable player, not Most Valuable Non-pitching player. Verlander deserved the MVP, and so did Pedro in 99
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]