`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Me Select My Next Hobby Box Purchase

RE: Help Me Select My Next Hobby Box Purchase
I don't like unlicensed cards...they seem less special to me. I'd go for Update, I always love that every year
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Just buy singles and be happy

You could always participate in a box break. You could buy a few teams/spots and still end spending less than you would on a full box of any one of the products you listed....that's what I do. There's a few decent breaks on the bay. I think I saw some baseball breaks there...just an idea. Good luck, whatever you decide. I'll agree on the Triple Threads. That's a really fun break. Four "hits" per box...not bad. PLUS you don't have to store a TON of base cards.

(11-21-2011, 04:38 AM)d0dgerfan1979 Wrote: You could always participate in a box break. You could buy a few teams/spots and still end spending less than you would on a full box of any one of the products you listed....that's what I do. There's a few decent breaks on the bay. I think I saw some baseball breaks there...just an idea. Good luck, whatever you decide. I'll agree on the Triple Threads. That's a really fun break. Four "hits" per box...not bad. PLUS you don't have to store a TON of base cards.
I've thought about doing some box breaks. Actually I thought about maybe buying a box and doing my own box break on eBay or something along those line.

(11-21-2011, 10:21 AM)OnDeckBatta10 Wrote: I've thought about doing some box breaks. Actually I thought about maybe buying a box and doing my own box break on eBay or something along those line.
Just be careful with doing your own. I bid on one a couple days ago (one of the baseball ones I told you about). Ebay cancelled my bid and cancelled the guy's auction. There's still one up there though. It's a team buy. Must be ok. It has less than a 12 hours on it and it was up at the same time I bid on the other one. I'm thinking about picking up a couple teams from that one.

Ebay has banned box breaks. If you see one on there its only because they have not caught it yet. Stick to You tube breakers with good reputations.
[Image: braunsig.png]

Yeah I know eBay doesn't allow them anymore because its a form of "gambling", which I guess in reality it is.

I'm thinking about maybe doing a youtube break or something a long those lines. We will see. Might be a nice side project to get into.

Hey Guys, my bad!! I was looking it over real quickly.. and I realized I gave wrong #'s ... looked at the wrong lines.. it was Bowman Sterling for little over $250 per hobby box, not the other one. my bad.