`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astros to the AL???

RE: Astros to the AL???

So apparently the overall everyone likes the idea, And we have even had 3 astros fans opinions as well. I liked the beforementioned idea of the north south and central divisions, makes more sense than having the pirates in a different division than the phillies considering they are in the same state, giants, dodgers and padres are all in the same one.

(11-17-2011, 07:35 AM)keyser soze Wrote: Excellent point, I didn't think of this. That will suck
Guess you guys will have some long nights to consider lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

i still dont get how two 15 team leagues works in any sort of logical way

ever since they took scheduling away from that couple that did it for years, and started this 19 games against division opponents nonsense, and forced IL play every year, and then extended it....the schedule has been for bleep

(11-17-2011, 08:46 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i still dont get how two 15 team leagues works in any sort of logical way
I agree with this in theory, but I still think it beats having one with 14 teams and one with 16 teams. Half of the teams in MLB should not have a statistical disadvantage before the first game of each season is played, and that's happening to the NL right now. Teams in the AL West had a 25% chance of winning their division, while teams in the NL Central only have a 16% chance, and for me, THAT is much worse than two 15-team leagues

[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

(11-16-2011, 04:46 PM)insidethevines Wrote: to even out the divisions. the NL Central has 6 teams, all other divisions have 5 teams, except the AL West who has 4. by sending the astros to the AL West, all divisions in the MLB will have 5 teams.
That makes sense to me. The other alternative I have thought about would be to contract 1 team from each league, making MLB with 14 teams in each league. That would fix the IL play everyone is complaining about. If it were up to me I would cut the Rays and the Nationals.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

I thought somewhere I also heard that by making the Astros move to the AL that it would now be two 15 team leagues and they would eliminate the separate divisions. This would cut out all divisional rivalries. So in theory there will be two 15 team leagues - no divisions, inter-league play everyday, top three teams and two wildcards from each league will go to the playoffs.

(11-17-2011, 11:00 AM)dkotart Wrote: I thought somewhere I also heard that by making the Astros move to the AL that it would now be two 15 team leagues and they would eliminate the separate divisions. This would cut out all divisional rivalries. So in theory there will be two 15 team leagues - no divisions, inter-league play everyday, top three teams and two wildcards from each league will go to the playoffs.
And I also read somewhere that they are going to place a DH in the NL.........
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I think the 4 division set up per league makes alot of since and is a great idea.
Personally I think they should add the DH to both leagues. Who cares about a late inning double switch, I hate watching a pitcher awkwardly swing during at-bats. Would rather see an extra batter, and there is just as much strategy because you have one more dangerous bat in a lineup versus a sure out or sacrifice bunt to contend with in the NL.

I think they should add 2 teams instead of contracting.
Why on earth would you contract Washington and Tampa 2 franchises
with possibly the brightest futures of all? Tampa has been in the playoffs despite going against the 2 largest evil empires in all of sports. Washington has the 2 top future stars and a solid group of talent they are going to be contenders by 2013.

As far as the Astros moving I think it will be good for the Country of Texas..I mean State.
Astros where in the World Series in 2005, and have made the playoffs 8 times in 20 years so they aren't some horrible franchise some are making them out to be.
I am dissapointed that I will never see a Astros vs Rangers World Series.
As a Ranger fan the AL west games being on later aren't that bad and it gives you a chance to
get stuff done before plopping on the couch to watch a 3 hour game.