`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oh my this will turn into a rant most likely

RE: oh my this will turn into a rant most likely
I dont always visit the trade thread but the site does not alert you like when you have a private message about the offer. It should! I always respond to my offers timely usually, but without the pm to someone they sometimes dont know there is an offer in there.
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

I miss logging onto this forum myself for days at a time, but if I have to wait a week for a response without a reason, I just cancel whatever I had going in trade offers. If that other trader is still wanting that trade bad enough then they should resend the offer.

We have an influx of new traders and I think that it is just a lack of experienced traders on this site. I see all the old regulars (experienced traders) from this forum on other forums now.

C'mon beckett, the forum rules or the trade function has to change, or even if you could drop the organize charge then traders will come back here.

1) we must have the cards we want to trade on our organize when we post a trade thread

2) we are charged for this organize function that is required to trade, that's if we want to add all of our cards (most of us have over 99 singles to trade) This basically turns the organize fee into a trading fee.

3) there is no "free text" or "write in" function on the trades page, your database does not cover everything, just most (not all) of the licensed singles that exist. This could also forgo the organize fee that has repelled all of your forum members, and you wouldn't have to drop the fee to get people back.

These are the things that keep quality traders from joining or staying with this forum. I understand that beckett wants to lead the way in site design and functionality, but doesn't there come a point where you cut your nose off to spite your face???

Sure the other sites are more basic, but they generate revenue with advertisement and offering upgraded member packages instead of seemingly mandatory fees for using a database.

I know technically you are not required to pay the fees to trade, but the inconvenience itself of keeping your organize down and not paying fees is what draws people that trade elsewhere away from here.

Especially with the forum rules requiring you to add them to your organize to post them for trade, that was a pain in the rear even before the fee went into place.

Scammers can add any card they want to the organize, seeing a card in a photobucket is more reliable to me than adding a card to a database that you cannot see anyway. What is the reasoning for that specific rule other than we have to use beckett's database and possibly get charged for doing so???
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(11-15-2011, 12:52 PM)got watcha want Wrote: I miss logging onto this forum myself for days at a time, but if I have to wait a week for a response without a reason, I just cancel whatever I had going in trade offers. If that other trader is still wanting that trade bad enough then they should resend the offer.

We have an influx of new traders and I think that it is just a lack of experienced traders on this site. I see all the old regulars (experienced traders) from this forum on other forums now.

C'mon beckett, the forum rules or the trade function has to change, or even if you could drop the organize charge then traders will come back here.

1) we must have the cards we want to trade on our organize when we post a trade thread

2) we are charged for this organize function that is required to trade, that's if we want to add all of our cards (most of us have over 99 singles to trade) This basically turns the organize fee into a trading fee.

3) there is no "free text" or "write in" function on the trades page, your database does not cover everything, just most (not all) of the licensed singles that exist. This could also forgo the organize fee that has repelled all of your forum members, and you wouldn't have to drop the fee to get people back.

These are the things that keep quality traders from joining or staying with this forum. I understand that beckett wants to lead the way in site design and functionality, but doesn't there come a point where you cut your nose off to spite your face???

Sure the other sites are more basic, but they generate revenue with advertisement and offering upgraded member packages instead of seemingly mandatory fees for using a database.

I know technically you are not required to pay the fees to trade, but the inconvenience itself of keeping your organize down and not paying fees is what draws people that trade elsewhere away from here.

Especially with the forum rules requiring you to add them to your organize to post them for trade, that was a pain in the rear even before the fee went into place.

Scammers can add any card they want to the organize, seeing a card in a photobucket is more reliable to me than adding a card to a database that you cannot see anyway. What is the reasoning for that specific rule other than we have to use beckett's database and possibly get charged for doing so???
I wish you were the CEO of Beckett.com btw you are definitely smarter!
[Image: KevinGarnett.jpg]