`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Bowman Chrome Refractors? They do not say on back?

2011 Bowman Chrome Refractors? They do not say on back?
I get the colored refractors etc, very easy, some are serial #ed, but the regular refractors??
I swear I have one of Pineda as the regular card side by side with the other is definitely refracting light, but it does not say refractor or R on back at all?
Anyone notice this??
Odds of refractors are 1:4 packs...I have to go through all the cards to view them for refracting light??
Why?
Am I missing something here??

Scan really does not do it justice, but they are different even in the scan
Here is regular card
[Image: scan0004.jpg]

And here is the refractor one

[Image: scan0003.jpg]

Sorry about the dust on scanner, I have a terrible time getting rid of he electrostatic dust collection!!!

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome Refractors? They do not say on back?
I THINK YOU HAVE THE LABELING OF THE PICS REVERSED, AS THE TOP ONE LOOKS MORE LIKE A REFRACTOR
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

I thought so too, but either way...the are not labeled and held in hand, bending toward light they are different. How many have I missed?? That can not be right, that happened in 1993 Finest, no one can tell a refractor unless you have the regular card together, surely they have not done this again?? There is going to be a lot of mistakes in trades etc...

Yeah, its really hard to tell what the refractors are unless the lighting is perfect.

Base set refractors, like yours, are not numbered, according to baseballcardpedia.com

Only the prospect refractors are numbered
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

They are not labeled, but I have opened a couple of cases and I find them to be rather easy to tell apart. It looks to me like you have the two mixed up as the top one seems to be a refractor for sure (you can see it in his name at the bottom of the card) and the bottom is base.
[Image: B1tP5.png]
*RED SOX * PATRIOTS * CELTICS * BRUINS*
*I'm currently looking for autos of Tom Brady, David Ortiz, and Yasiel Puig!!!*

(11-10-2011, 02:16 PM)keyser soze Wrote: Base set refractors, like yours, are not numbered, according to baseballcardpedia.com

Only the prospect refractors are numbered
That is really bad...many are going to be missed or mistaken, what a crappy thing to do..

Also, at odds of 1:4 refractors, I should have a handful in 5 boxes, yet, I can not seem to count that many!!

Same with the Fusion cards, there are refractors, I guess they are the Fusion Factors? and there are non-listed (Beckett) X-fractor cards and those are not even listed in the checklist on Blowout etc...yet I have one.
I have gone through my base set and pulled out the refractors..
As far as easy to tell, I can not agree, the light has to hit it right, especially with some of the very busy backgrounds and different colors..
Still thinks that stinks..why not just label them refractors?
Every set has something wrong this year, getting worse and worse in my opinion..

Hmm...I'm gonna have to look back through my chrome that I busted a while back.

I had been extremely disappointed in my 3 blasters I bought....vowing not to buy any more.

Heck, it took me until my 3rd box to realize there was a difference between the 2 die cuts I had (one being a future fractor or whatever its called). I never even thought to look at the base cards to see if there was the same thing going on...

I had trouble at first too. I opened a blaster and thought I had zero refractors, then figured it out after looking at them closely. Is it me, or do the refractors suck this year? They aren't as "vibrant" as they have been in the past. They don't stand out as they have in previous years.
Always trading for Barry Larkin. Also looking for Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins. 

Will consider trading for other current/past Cincinnati Reds and Bengals.

[Image: Uw7lfAR.jpg]

Just re-looked through some cards and found a Billy Butler refractor I didn't notice before! They are a lot harder to notice than previous years (and other years they labeled them). Dumb idea for refractors with black background base cards
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)