`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help w/ potential HOFers

RE: Need help w/ potential HOFers
(11-10-2011, 04:44 PM)jwest1334 Wrote: I figured if they don't have one then I obviously cant get it, but for instance on the Joe Jackson, I'll prob go for the Play Ball, and on some of the others I'll go for a t206 etc. Yes it will be hard to complete, but I am going to start w/ mo recent induction year and work my way up, so it should be easy going at first then slow down as I go. Should be fun though
Joe Jackson is not in the T-206 set. Now he is in 1909 Zeenuts.

Shoelss Joe Jackson
Buck Weaver
Eddie Cicotte
Pete Rose ( but only if Jackson gets in first but, thats another topic)
Pudge
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I am going to consider McGwire in my set anyway I loved watching the chase between him, Sosa, and the often forgotten guy in that chase Luis Gonzalez for most of the season. As far as the guys that don't have rookies, Ill just get their earliest card from a set i recognize i guess. I also collect any HOF vintage so if it isnt necessarily a rookie oh well. I dont buy much new stuff either at least as far as wax goes, but sometimes singles. but i think i may steal your idea about the grading of the cards by decade. its a good idea, might make my project a bit more expensive though.
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

(11-10-2011, 12:18 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: mcgwire was a borderline candidate even not considering steroids.

lot of steroid guys might not get in, even suspected steroid users, like piazza and bagwell. time will tell

good luck finding game used of him - not sure if it exists - but Buck O'Neil is the first guy i think of every time a discussion like this comes up.

in my mind, those are the three that stick out: shoeless joe, pete rose and Buck O'Neil
The only one to me would be rose that jumps out, and woulda been rice but he got in last yr or the year before i think right ?

Mcgwire wsnt a hall of famer before all this steroid crap, hes a waste of time...bonds and clemens may not get in, and in my opinion shdnt, but they woulda got in regardless of steroids. Bonds especially was one of the best players ive seen in my lifetime before he was a juice head hitting all those homeruns. He was a leadoff hitter on the pirates and he was phenomonal

Palmeiro is not a fringe "should be" HOF'er. If it wasnt for roids he would be a sure thing. He has 3000 hits and 500 HR. 2 of the golden HOF tickets.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Here is someone you all missed ROGER MARIS. That man should be in the HOF if Mazeroski made it Maris should have as well with 7× All-Star selections,3× World Series champion,2× AL MVP (back to back beating out The Mick) Gold Glove Award winner and this does not include the AL championships pennants. All awards and accolades aside he hit 61 homers beating the Babe and that was a feat in itself. look what the man did for baseball. In 1961 baseball was falling off the charts and what he and Mantle did was spectacular they had people on the edge of their seats. So if there was a "Should be" the person on the top of that list should be Maris who is STILL the home run king!!!!!
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

Two guys that seemed headed there before drugs got the better of them. Dwight "Doc" Gooden, Darryl Strawberry.
Here's another one that we all missed (including me)...RON SANTO!

yeah. i have a ton of ron santo stuff including a rookie
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

(11-10-2011, 07:43 PM)jtollefsrud Wrote: I am pretty much doing the same thing as you, but only collecting HOF and Superstars Rookie cards, PSA Graded. I don't buy any new stuff or game used, I don't believe it. Whatever the decade, would be the minium grade. Example: 1950's, lowest grade a 5, 1960's lowest a 6, and so on. Except the 80's, must be a minium 9. It's a fun project and I do include Canseco, McGwire, Palmiero, Sosa, and guys like that. By the way, Piazza will be a HOFer.
I agree with the piazza comment, HOFer without a doubt. When is he due for election????
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s