`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson Ramos Kidnapped

RE: Wilson Ramos Kidnapped
Just heard rumors that hed been killed, apparently all fake, no confirmations about it yet.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

latest I've read was they found the car the kidnappers used about an hour from his home but nothing about him possibly being killed.
Police have confirmed that the death rumors are false and that Ramos is alive

Quote:According to Rafael Rojas of Viva Colorado, Venezuelan police have confirmed that Wilson Ramos is still alive.

Great news. However, it's not clear whether the police have established contact with the kidnappers. Ramos was taken from his home in the town of Valencia on Wednesday by four armed men. The vehicle involved in the kidnapping was found abandoned about an hour away in Bejuma.

(11-10-2011, 12:17 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: latest I've read was they found the car the kidnappers used about an hour from his home but nothing about him possibly being killed.
Heard about the car they found but didnt hear about those rumors of him being killed.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

(11-10-2011, 12:24 PM)ja1091 Wrote: Heard about the car they found but didnt hear about those rumors of him being killed.
They were all blackberry and local news rumors, Im trying to keep up to date on any info given since im in venezuela. Right now its 2pm and nothing new has happened besides from the car being found.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Ramos has been found alive by authorities although details haven't been released as to how they found him.

Quote:According to Rafael Rojas of Viva Colorado, Wilson Ramos has been found safely by authorities in Venezuela.

What a relief. The nature of his rescue isn't clear, but the Venezuelan minister of information tweeted tonight that Ramos was found safely in the mountains. Gustavo Mercado, Ramos' agent, has informed his family of the wonderful news. He is expected to be brought home soon.

Not trying to be mean, however, while I understand these guys' desire to live in their home country, this is not an uncommon occurence...These guys need to start opening their eyes that when you become "famous" you are a target in these 3rd world countries...either live here in the states or live in your homeland with high security or armed bodyguard...dont just stamp a bullseye on your chest.

Most of them go there to play winter ball though not just to go home for off season vacation. But I agree they do need to be smart about it and perhaps this incident will change some minds. Wouldn't be surprised if you see teams start banning their players from playing winter ball. The Rangers had already been talking with MLB about pulling some of their guys.

Also maybe MLB can think about creating a winter league for major league players like the Arizona Fall League they have for the minor league guys.