`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Topps Chrome Box Break - SCANS ADDED - Freese!

2009 Topps Chrome Box Break - SCANS ADDED - Freese!
Actually went to the local card shop today to sell some stuff and buy some toploaders to organize my collection which I am trying to scale down. Anyway, I saw he had a lone box of 2009 Topps Chrome available for a decent price. As a Cardinal fan I did recall that Freese Rookie Auto is in that product so I picked up a box hoping to hit a Freese or maybe some other good fortune.

I don’t remember all the specifics, but here were the two hits I remember …..

Brett Anderson Auto
David Freese RC Auto Refractor # /499

I want to try and provide some scans of this and my Locker Atomic Auto I pulled the other day. What is a good website to host pictures? Or do I just attach the scan and hosting isn’t necessary. Sorry used to post on this board years ago but new to me again.

Also, one thing I thought of and was wondering if anyone has created something similar….maybe create a baseball diamond (with some green and brown felt) and put RC’s of the entire World Series Cardinals on it. For example, the Freese would go at 3B, Pujols RC would go at 1st, etc. Would be kind of a cool wall hanging framed deal, don’t you think?

[Image: 2009ToppsChromeFreeseandAnderson001.jpg]

RE: 2009 Topps Chrome Box Break - the Hunt for Freese
Nice job with the Freese! And a refractor no less. Photobucket is a good site. After you upload the photo there is a button you click on and it automatically copies the img code and you just paste it in the post. Congrats on the Freese auto and your idea sounds very cool.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

Congrats, I think you have a good idea but if you use everybody's RC cards then you will have several players in different uniforms. I would try to find them in a Cardinals uniform, maybe auto cards of each player inn their Cardinal uni. It may be difficult to find Furcal and Berkman autos in a Cardinal uni now that I think of it. Good luck with your project, hope to see pics when it is done.

Did you happen to pull any Griffey/Jeter/Ichiro base/parallels/inserts?
Shawn Green PC:
377 unique cards
76 GU & Patches
5 Autos

(11-09-2011, 05:34 PM)dlcarst Wrote: Nice job with the Freese! And a refractor no less. Photobucket is a good site. After you upload the photo there is a button you click on and it automatically copies the img code and you just paste it in the post. Congrats on the Freese auto and your idea sounds very cool.
Thanks for the help with Photobucket - scans coming soon.

RE: 2009 Topps Chrome Box Break - SCANS ADDED - Freese!
Wow, buying a box and getting exactly what you wanted, that is extremely cool. I bought two different retail boxes of 2001, maybe I will get lucky and get what I want out of it. Congrats.
If you start your day saying how it is going to be awesome, it is more than likely going to be disappointing, but if you are Awesome than it is hard not to have an Awesome day.

There's the Country Music Awards presenter....oh yeah and I guess he plays baseball and may have done something in the World Series...
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

That's freaky... I opened the same box 2 years ago and I pulled the exact same auto's!
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

(11-09-2011, 05:30 PM)HawksNCards Wrote: Also, one thing I thought of and was wondering if anyone has created something similar….maybe create a baseball diamond (with some green and brown felt) and put RC’s of the entire World Series Cardinals on it. For example, the Freese would go at 3B, Pujols RC would go at 1st, etc. Would be kind of a cool wall hanging framed deal, don’t you think?
I havent created mine yet, but I have had almost the same idea for the 75-76 & 90 Reds WS teams. I am using the starters of the team but not their rookie cards. Im currently working on trying to find all the cards for the players, but my next step was to do something like your idea.
[Image: H8Ura.png]
SIGNATURE IMAGE CREATED BY
jbel4331 [ http://www.beckett.com/forums/user-153852.html ]

Not bad congrats
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK