`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offseason moves and predictions. Where will they go?

Offseason moves and predictions. Where will they go?
this is going to be an open discussion to anyone who wants to guess or predict where the big free agents will end up at the beginning of the 2012 season.

I think Pujols will stay in St. Louis, especially now they won the WS.
Fielder will sign with SF. or possibly NYM. I don't see him going to the AL.

who else???
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

RE: Offseason moves and predictions. Where will they go?
Fielder to LA Dodgers, Pujols stays with CARDS, and who knows who will over pay for Beltran, Sizemore or Aramis
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

I predict Jonathan Sanchez will be traded to the Royals along with a prospect and in return the Giants will get Melky Cabrera. I predict this to happen two days ago. I think the change of leagues and scenery could be what is needed to bring the really wicked stuff back out of Jonathan Sanchez, as a Giants fan I'll have to check out a few Royals games to check up on him next year. As for Melky, I don't really expect anything much out of him, but hope he brings his A+ game.

Pujols I think stays in St. Louis, they are already dropping money off that can be slid over to his pile and the extra cash boost of the playoffs and World Series helps the picture as well.

Prince Fielder, as a Giants fan I would love to see him land with San Fran, but am not expecting that to happen. They do need someone with his strength to join Pablo Sandoval in sending balls out of the spacious yard. I think the outfield and even the lacking shortstop position (Brandon Crawford can then continue his dazzling defense and not feel as pressured to show off that pop that he has in that bat waiting to dazzle as well) are fine if they sign Fielder. I would not be surprised to see Prince Fielder switch leagues, I think earlier in the year he mentioned he would not mind and would consider all options including designated hitter roles. I figure San Fran makes their big play for Carlos Beltran and then some other not so big names perhaps to woo Beltran into believing that with Posey back they will have adequate offense, which is something Beltran suggested they need if they hope to get him back.

- Mark Buehrle will either sign with the Yankees or Marlins
- Albert Pujols will re-sign with Cardinals
- Prince Fielder will sign with Marlins
- C.J. Wilson will re-sign Rangers
- Eric Chavez will re-sign with Yankees as a backup
- Edwin Jackson will sign with Yankees
- David Ortiz will re-sign with Boston
-

Way too many other free agents to make predictions on.

Edwin Jackson will cut off each of his limbs, 3 of them will go to the AL Central, and the other one to the Brewers. But seriously, that guy is everywhere!

Are there any cheap FA SS out there? The Reds need one badly
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(11-10-2011, 12:20 AM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Edwin Jackson will cut off each of his limbs, 3 of them will go to the AL Central, and the other one to the Brewers. But seriously, that guy is everywhere!

Are there any cheap FA SS out there? The Reds need one badly
The shortstop free agents include:

1) Clint Barmes
2) Yuniesky Betancourt
3) Orlando Cabrera
4) Ronny Cedeno
5) Rafael Furcal
6) Alex Gonzalez
7) Jose Reyes (won't be cheap though)
8) Jimmy Rollins (won't be cheap either)

The Braves could resign Gonzalez at SS, or they could put Prado at SS and go after a good LF.

I think the Reds will either get Furcal or Cabrera.

Phillies will probably keep Rollins
and who knows where Reyes will end up.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(11-10-2011, 10:11 AM)sesfan01 Wrote: The Braves could resign Gonzalez at SS, or they could put Prado at SS and go after a good LF.

I think the Reds will either get Furcal or Cabrera.

Phillies will probably keep Rollins
and who knows where Reyes will end up.
Ha, remember how great Cabrera was for the Reds last year? Oh yeah, not very. I don't know, maybe Janish will have a good year (meaning .232 with a homer and 46 RBI)
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

I'd like to know where Jose Reyes will end up cause I seriously doubt it will be with the Mets again Sad
[Image: fgdfdgdfgdfgdf.jpg]
CARD COUNT: (Met cards - 15655)      (Piazza - 1610)      (Wright - 759)

(11-11-2011, 11:59 AM)86champs Wrote: I'd like to know where Jose Reyes will end up cause I seriously doubt it will be with the Mets again Sad
He'd be a nice leadoff guy for the Reds...maybe get rid of some expensive guys like Cordero, and I hate to say Chapman but he's not really the right guy for the Reds