`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would this make things easier or more difficult???

RE: Would this make things easier or more difficult???
(11-08-2011, 05:03 PM)pbean Wrote: interesting concept but I can see too many ways it could be manipulated Sad

by the time they calculate in all the brands (high end - low end) there would be too many variables as to why this one card would book for $X while a lower end product would book for $Y ..... I see Exquisite selling for weird $$$ sometimes, the dude didn't even play in the NFL and he still get $45-$50 for a base auto ..... is it shilling, is it "set collectors" ..... beats me ???

as per what folks offer, well if you don't like it walk away from the trade ..... there still has to be some common sense in trading (okay so I'm reaching now lol)

how many times do you see someone wants 4X BV just because of the patch on the card ???

+ 1

I totally agree you can't say that a Quinn has a better bv than some Mannings and just leave it at that because the Quinn could be an exquisite /20 where as the Manning could be a low end brand and numbered /250 or whatever. Is manning a better player, yes, but that doesn't mean his autos are always more valuable than a lesser player. Product would have a huge role in this.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(11-08-2011, 05:57 PM)biglump007 Wrote: + 1

I totally agree you can't say that a Quinn has a better bv than some Mannings and just leave it at that because the Quinn could be an exquisite /20 where as the Manning could be a low end brand and numbered /250 or whatever. Is manning a better player, yes, but that doesn't mean his autos are always more valuable than a lesser player. Product would have a huge role in this.
yup exactly. thats like the person who pointed out he has a pat white auto with a BV 100. but that card is either sp signature which is super short printed or an spa gold numbered to 25. so it is indeed a rare card that somebody who collects may have very well payed or will pay. you just never know.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

I think it's a great idea and could work quite easily. All you would have to do is work off of a chart of stats and popularity. U take a certain set of stats and do an average of points kinda like a qb rating, then u take a group of sales stats such as jerseys and do a points system with those. When you add them together it puts the player in there tier. Make sense? This way a player can move from tier to teir throughout there career if hey get better and more popular or worse.

(11-08-2011, 06:39 PM)nthnoak Wrote: yup exactly. thats like the person who pointed out he has a pat white auto with a BV 100. but that card is either sp signature which is super short printed or an spa gold numbered to 25. so it is indeed a rare card that somebody who collects may have very well payed or will pay. you just never know.
yea but see thats still skewed

there might be 14 people willing to pay 100% book on the Pat White
but then there might be a Manning,Marino,Brady,Favre,Rice......

That Thousands of people are willing to pay 100% book on
so that is still really off balance.

Beckett can't even update cards from 2 seasons ago regarding what a new book value is perceived to be in their GUIDE, but this would never work the way you envision Baker.
I totally understand the concept, and see how it COULD help, but I would have to vote no. Even though people want to trade me not-in-the-NFL-anymore Buckeye cards for star/rc autos.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

While I can see your idea. I can't agree with it. It would be a very biased personal system. By that I mean this:
I watched the Cowboys as a Kid and Aikman and Staubach are top tier A players to me. Yet I think Marino was overated and never won a superbowl so he should be a C tier player to my Opinion. And then there is Favre who I hate. I would put him in the F tier.

But as you stated in your post that wouldn't work in your system. But on a personal note I have traded marino's and Favres for Rb Chris Henry and Eddie George several times. I did it because I found that trade fair for me. The way you are describing reminds me alot of SV. In the end while it may work for traders of big name players it would never work for guys like me who collect scrubs. Noone will ever trade me 10 $25 chris henry cards for my $100 Marino card. Heck thats why no Sv guys will trade with me after they find out most of my guys cards last sold on Ebay for 99 cents.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

You lost me when you involved math into the equation
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

A lot to digest lol.

I will start with those who are saying there is no way a list can be made because some will say the player belongs in group A and some will say group C. Just a quick FYI none of us will have a say in what list is made. It will be the folks at Beckett solely to come up with a general list to use as a "guideline" in the same way we use their pricing.

While I understand each person has their personal preferences on what player(s) or team(s) they collect, the majority of all collectors would determine the list based on popularity, sales, etc. For example I collect JT and ZT and placed them in group D. Why? Simply because they arent popularly collected amongst the masses. My personal opinion does not come into play. If you are willing to move a Favre Auto for a Matt Leinart Auto straight up that is your choice but the majority would not make this trade which is why I came up with this general idea.

Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I still don't understand why anyone would need Beckett to tell them what players they can trade for what other players. Can someone explain this to me?

[quote='bakerman8419' pid='1771165' dateline='1320735970']
Have you ever had a person try and trade you a $200 Chad Henne auto for a $200 Dan Marino auto? Or a $200 Michael Crabtree auto for a $200 Joe Montana auto? Or a $200 Matthew Stafford auto for a $200 Barry Sanders auto? If so did you accept the trade or decline it? Im assuming 95 out of 100 people have declined the trade. Everything matches up evenly accept the prestige of the individual player.

It kind of make things easier but it does the opposite too. When it comes to a trade, it should just be if either person agree to the trade or not. Some people look at BV and on the outside, $200 Henne vs $200 Marino is the same. I wouldn't make that trade. But then again, I have traded big time cards in order to get cards for my pc. I was happy with the trade. That is what matters. We should not try to make things more difficult than it should be. Then you will have someone unhappy that they have to give up 2 cards for your one card. Or just because your Marino is $200 and now I have to trade a $300 Henne for it. As long as both parties get what they want, the trade should be completed. If not, offer cash or walk away.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]