`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think I got taken on the bay.......advice?

RE: Think I got taken on the bay.......advice?
(11-08-2011, 12:08 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: I have never seen green bats from Sweet Spot. The only Green Bat Barrel I have seen from them was a Shawn Green.
The point is that there are plenty of mistakes in the OPG - I have seen many with Sweet Spot. To think that the card is fake before considering Beckett made a mistake is kind of amazing to me.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

The card is legit. Varitek might have used the wrong marker but nobody was trying to pull a fast one.

Thanks Everyone for the feedback.

My first thought was a Beckett mistake also until i found the official checklist from UD that year which had it at blue. Upon thinking further, I only spent 30 on it, and its for my PC so I am not really worried about it either way. Its a cool looking card that fits nicely with the others I have from that set. Just first time I had run into that before, so thought i would get some thoughts.

Thanks again. And as always, if you have any TEK your looking to part with, let me know.
[Image: tek.jpg]

(11-08-2011, 12:25 AM)natejeffries Wrote: The card is legit. Varitek might have used the wrong marker but nobody was trying to pull a fast one.
I agree that its ligit.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(11-08-2011, 12:03 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: Its true this reacted but its not always the case. In safe keeping this does not happen to most of them. I have owned a few blue inks from the set and they all look blue. They aren't a royal blue like a sharpie but they are blue.

[Image: scan0102.jpg]
[Image: scan0050.jpg]

I don't think he is questioning the sig. The seller listed it as Green Ink.

After looking closer I think this is accurate. I am betting Varitek used the Green Ink when he was supposed to use blue. This may not be a bad listing after all.
I love that Yadi card, very nice.

Here are a couple of decent Variteks. Lmk if you are interested. (The spec and marks are from the scanner
[Image: Varitek.jpg]

(11-08-2011, 12:47 AM)tarble Wrote: Thanks Everyone for the feedback.

My first thought was a Beckett mistake also until i found the official checklist from UD that year which had it at blue. Upon thinking further, I only spent 30 on it, and its for my PC so I am not really worried about it either way. Its a cool looking card that fits nicely with the others I have from that set. Just first time I had run into that before, so thought i would get some thoughts.

Thanks again. And as always, if you have any TEK your looking to part with, let me know.
[Image: H8Ura.png]
SIGNATURE IMAGE CREATED BY
jbel4331 [ http://www.beckett.com/forums/user-153852.html ]

Hunter Pence had a Green Ink Bat Barrell auto in Sweet Spot, think it was 2008 set. I tried to win it twice on eBay when I was collecting him but lost both
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

(11-08-2011, 12:47 AM)tarble Wrote: My first thought was a Beckett mistake also until i found the official checklist from UD that year which had it at blue.
The checklist are printed before the cards, they are then released to Beckett's, etc...., which Beckett's uses to list cards in the OPG.

This is also the information included on the pre-sell sheet sent to dealers before the product is printed, so that they can pre-order the product

If something gets changed in the set or on a card, etc... after the checklist are printed, they don't show up on the checklist or in the OPG, etc....., this happens with almost every card release there is, something gets changed, someone get's taken out of the set, licensing problems with the player,etc....

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35