`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controversy brewing in Dallas, What would You do?

RE: Controversy brewing in Dallas, What would You do?
As much as i like Felix (was my favorite player until we got DeMarco), it is Murrays job to lose right now
Supercollecting DeMarco Murray LMK if you have anything
PC Stats: 860/1435. 91 1/1's, 189 Autos, 182 Gu, 216 #ed, 180 Base/RC's

[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

You have to stay with Murray right now and bring in Felix to rip them apart as a change of pace back. Murray is going off, but some of those holes he is running through, you could drive a truck through some of them. We have a young athletic o-line now, that is the key. Felix would have done just as well if he was getting the blocks Murray has gotten in the last few weeks. And it is going to get better, the guys up front are still getting it together.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

Murray is going to have a long time in this league it won't hurt him to take on a lesser role once Jones is healthy because let's face it Jones isn't going to be around much longer anyhow. We all saw how much work Barber got when he came on the scene and within 2 yr. he was worn out and hurt all the time. To many times teams run young RB's into the ground and use them all up before they even have a chance to get established. Just look at guys like Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, cadillac Williams, Felix Jones,even Peyton Hillis this year. I'd rather him have him leave with a good taste in his mouth and sky high confidence and be healthy for when we need him down the road.

from what i read somewhere felix jones rookie contract is up at the end of the year and will be owe at least the vets pay. Does jerry keep him with tanner lurking? Im not so sure he will with the already crunched cap and dead money we owe a few players. This is what jerry has reported as saying about murray:

“He kind of has a glide a little like Dickerson used to,” Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. “He has a certain smoothness. His glide, he doesn’t lift his feet as much as Dickerson did, but the other thing he reminds me of is he runs with such acceleration and power.”

And Jones says that when he sees the way Murray breaks tackles, he can’t help but think of the way Dickerson used to do it.

“He really throws that weight around,” Jones said. “You have some backs, 235-pound backs, 240, they don’t run. They run on their toes and they don’t run with power. He’s 220 pounds, 225 pound back who runs with even more power and runs with more impact than his weight.”

Everyone in dallas knows Jerry Jones run the show here so this had got to be good to hear for Murray and Murray fans.

However Murray said today:

"From my understanding, I think he's still the starter," Murray said. "He's a great running back, and he was doing a great job before he went down. I'm expecting him to come back in and do what he's been doing, which is great, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to continue to compete and try to help out as much as I can."

So the saga continues...
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

The whole 2 back thing can work out good for some teams...Look at the Dolphins from the past few years with Ronnie and Ricky.
At the same time...RB's need to get in rhythm with the game just like QB's do.
Whatever RB that might be in the game effects the way every other player on the field has to adjust.
The line has to know the tendencies of the RB...the QB needs to know how he picks up the blitz....and when he should dump the ball off to him.
So in a lot of situations you need to have a feature back and let him do his thing and get going.
Then you have your spell back that can come in after big plays or to give a quick rest and possibly run a play that is designed for him.
Something like Matt Forte and MB3 in Chicago.
probably an 80/20 split....I think that is the best choice for most Offenses.
Is Felix the right guy for the 20 percent?
Well there are facts that would point in both ways.
Felix seems to break down a lot...hasnt proven he can handle a big load...so the smaller workload could be whats right for him and keep him healthy,but at the same time Felix and Demarco are fairly similar backs..they are pretty much the same size...run pretty similar...and are both decent pass catchers.
So you arent going to get a lot with one that you couldnt get with the other...so IMO its up in the air if a formula like this would be successful.

As stated before...I dont really think Felix would bring much in the trade market...so might as well give the combo a shot and see how it works...as both are very talented backs.