`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Card Company

RE: New Card Company
(11-08-2011, 04:53 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: ahh Vets only product!!! only Vets and Legends!!
That is something that could get me back into buying wax again.
This is the best idea yet... Vets / Legends only .... and if you want to put rookies in then make it those that were drafted in the first 2 rds. Make the patch cards contain large swatches of the uniform, not a 1/2"x1/2" cut. Autos - NO REDEMPTIONS and ON CARD.
Looking for Hines Ward rookies (that I do not have), low numbered parallels and autos. Also, Bowman Chrome Baseball autos.
I normally send trades on Tuesday's and/or Friday's due to work.

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/nynkefan7/library/?sort=6&page=1

I would make a website showing all the prime patches so that anyone can access it and make sure the patch was not faked. Or every jersey card could have a small picture of the patch on the backside of the card. Either way would prevent fake patches.

(11-08-2011, 04:36 AM)kennycooks Wrote: I haven't been a "modern" collector for very long so my level of expertise is "lacking." That said I have noticed a few things that i would like to see one differently.

I agree 100% with getting rid of event worn stuff. Give me a game used, and more so tell me what game it was used in! I don't care about having a sick patch if it has a nice grass stain or tear in it. The event used especially the unnumbered varieties aren't worth crap nine times out of ten an insert serial numbered to 500 is worth more than a scrub rookie single colored EW patch.

Get rid of parallels! So what if you tweaked the misty looking background filler from red to blue to green to gold to blue and copper and silver and platinum.... Give me base cards, insert cards and hit cards. Enough with this crap where the exact same card is made and then it is made but limited to a run of 999 and then limited to 599 ...199/50/23/etc.... you get the point. It is the same exact card with the exception of a serial number.

Enough Rookies already. I understand everyone wants to have a RC of thier teams future prospects. But do we need 500 plus variations of a Cam Newton rookie card? Wouldn't his RC be more valuable if say there were 25 varieties instead?

And lastly I want to see MORE veterans and legendary players. I really like that Topps and Score both have very deep lists of veteran players. Most releases tend to stick to a 100 to 150 card veteran base set, which usually only features 3 or 4 star players from the team and leaves everyone else out. For the Steelers it is alwasy Ben Roethlisberger Troy Polamalu Hines Ward and Rashard Mendenhall. Not that I dislike these guys but I want to see more Woodleys, Keisels, and Millers. In fact I LOVE the idea of a veterans only product.
+1,000! Event worn is awful! If they only used the ONE uniform used at the photo shoot it might be somewhat different, but when you pile jersey after jersey on a guy it is ridiculous. Need more game used from the actual player on the card and better documentation of it "This jersey was worn by so-and-so on 9/25/2011" NOT "The relic contained on the front of this card does not come from any specific game or season."

Also agree with the parallels. Need some creative die-cuts and inserts like in the 90's, maybe an occasional metal card. Love the comment about more veterans and a wider range of players. It is always the same few star players in every set which gets boring.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

limiting the rookies of each player, make it much more special to pull a RC of a star player if it may be his only RC in the product. Maybe 1 base RC, then 1 autographed RC.
[Image: titusyoungbanner.jpg]

I actually sorta like the parallels myself and watching you guys throw together some nice looking rainbows all the way down to the 1/1's. When you collect that way it adds a long term fun and challenging aspect to those type cards.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(11-08-2011, 11:45 AM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: I actually sorta like the parallels myself and watching you guys throw together some nice looking rainbows all the way down to the 1/1's. When you collect that way it adds a long term fun and challenging aspect to those type cards.
I like rainbows a lot too
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

(11-08-2011, 11:45 AM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: I actually sorta like the parallels myself and watching you guys throw together some nice looking rainbows all the way down to the 1/1's. When you collect that way it adds a long term fun and challenging aspect to those type cards.
I agree. I also like parallels because it puts a challenge and value to collecting veterans whose cards would probably only be valued at $.15. Now I have the possibility of hitting a decent card of a player that I like even though he is not a rookie.

[Image: redskinsbanner.png]

I bashed parallels earlier but I have to admit that I am also trying to put together rainbows of Lamarr Woodley (Need the 2007 Topps Chrome Red Uncirculated!) They can be fun.

I love the idea of a database with pictures of the different patch cards as well.

But not as much as I love the idea of veteran/legends only.
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/

I agree with the No redemptions. Still have 10 panini redemptions that I am waiting for.
Better Inserts instead of Parallels I still love these:
[Image: newnew154.jpg]
[Image: newnew244.jpg]
[Image: BlackDiamondTitleQuest.jpg]
[Image: img015.jpg]
[Image: Shmax148.jpg]

Bring back holograms too they were awesome
and if you do inserts or parallels keep numbering them I hate the fact that a bunch of the new stuff is not even serialed
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37