`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: Talks of PManning to New Team

RE: OT: Talks of PManning to New Team
(11-06-2011, 11:36 PM)Marinoisking Wrote: Exactly....Peyton will play again...probably atleast 3 more years I think.
If Peyton was released over half the NFL would be willing to pick up that contract...and Peyton being the man he is....would take a cut to play somewhere else if need be.

I just dont see the Colts letting him go....The Colts have good players...we have seen them be competitive with some good teams....I just think loosing Peyton and then all the mess with Collins and all....that team has just checked out.

THIS years Colts...with Peyton....would be one of the top 3 teams in the AFC and an almost dead lock to take the Division.
couple problems with this post:

1. his injury isnt a "when" he will come back. it's an "if". the nerve has to regenerate. he very well might be done. it's not a thing if HE is willing to play or not. this is totally up to his body at this point. and this specific injury, waiting for that nerve to regenerate? it's a 50/50 thing

2. the colts were a team in decline last year, much less this year. the defense is porous, the offensive line a sieve, addai is on the decline, and the wr's have been injury prone. yes, with peyton, they are a much better team, but not a legitimate contender (maybe they even have a very good record. but like new england right now, they would be pretenders in the playoffs)

(11-06-2011, 11:56 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: couple problems with this post:

1. his injury isnt a "when" he will come back. it's an "if". the nerve has to regenerate. he very well might be done. it's not a thing if HE is willing to play or not. this is totally up to his body at this point. and this specific injury, waiting for that nerve to regenerate? it's a 50/50 thing

2. the colts were a team in decline last year, much less this year. the defense is porous, the offensive line a sieve, addai is on the decline, and the wr's have been injury prone. yes, with peyton, they are a much better team, but not a legitimate contender (maybe they even have a very good record. but like new england right now, they would be pretenders in the playoffs)
The Nerves will regenerate....I looked at some statistics....sometimes it takes awhile...but its almost sure fire he can be on the field for mini camp.

Addai isnt the running game anymore....the running game is new comer Carter and a finally starting to find himself Donald Brown....The D is just decimated with injuries....including the Peyton of that D in Gary Brackett...who will return next year.

Wayne is almost always healthy....Garcon is really turning into a threat...and other than Collies concusion....I cant really think of any major injury problems with the wide outs....but lets forget wide outs...that passing game starts and ends with the TE...whether it be Clark or Tamme.

I agree the Oline is in shambles....but why not use those nice upcoming draft picks and maybe a smart free agency period to address that.

nobody know for sure if the nerves will regenerate or not and that is the only fact right now. peyton himself said not a single thing has happened yet with his nerves regenerating after 2 months. the expected time period is between 2 to 3 months. so yes there is still time but as of right now, the colts are in no position to hand this guy that kind of money when their entire team is in shambles. the colts know that too, which is why reports are popping up all over the place now about them possibly rearranging the team after this year.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

i pray peyton manning comes back, i hope this injury doesnt ruin or end his career, that would be horrible...

Peyton manning is of the best QBs to ever play, i pray we get to see his greatness again

Peyton's contract was 5 years??? I say draft Luck and he'll sit behing Peyton for 4. Peyton's 5th year??? I think it's a wash... and he's retiring or traded (hmm, sounds a lot like the Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre situation.

(11-07-2011, 03:50 AM)usafshelland Wrote: Peyton's contract was 5 years??? I say draft Luck and he'll sit behing Peyton for 4. Peyton's 5th year??? I think it's a wash... and he's retiring or traded (hmm, sounds a lot like the Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre situation.
the problem with that is that the colts would have about 35-40 million a year tied up in the qb position

Watch the Colts pass on luck in hopes of grooming painter!
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.