`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Wow!

RE: Wow!
(04-19-2012, 07:35 PM)sportscardtheory Wrote: Wow is right. I bet Mr. Mint would give him close to $15,000 for it all!
Ha

[Image: cropped-mojo-beard-banner-2-final.gif]

(04-19-2012, 06:49 PM)shivelycore Wrote: Yeah that's crazy, I'm still trying to build all the sets just in my lifetime (1977 on), and that's been 2 years work already.
At first he went back to 1980, then decided to go back to 1970, then 1960 and he final said, screw it lets go all the way to '52

Amazing. There is some major money in that collection.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

The collection is finally complete.

The last card we needed, 1952 Hoyt Wilhelm, arrived today.

My father now owns every Topps baseball base card. Near as we can tell that is 45,174 cards in 61 sets.

I posted a scan of a page from each set, feel free to check it out!
http://mojobeardy.wordpress.com/the-topps-collection/

I though that the project that I am working of finishing all the sets from 55' - 73' was tough. I am 2/3 done, but it takes me close to 2 years to finish a set. A 1952 set will be 10 years for me if I am lucky. That is a great story and definitely a super mega collector.

(11-23-2012, 09:03 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: I though that the project that I am working of finishing all the sets from 55' - 73' was tough. I am 2/3 done, but it takes me close to 2 years to finish a set. A 1952 set will be 10 years for me if I am lucky. That is a great story and definitely a super mega collector.
'52 low numbers aren't all that bad. The high numbers are what get you. Even commons are about $100 a piece and then there is the Mantle. The '52 high numbers probably cost close to what the bulk of the rest of the sets cost.

Good luck dude!

I like the idea of putting a card from that year in the sleeve of the binder. I usually print out a title on card stock and insert it. Thanks for sharing and giving a great idea to display what year is in the binders. I have all the Topps sets from 1976 to 2012. Not as impressive as yours but I am working on it. Mom threw out my 67 and 68 cards that would have been a complete set I'm sure.

Im pretty much down to just needing to do 79 for my lifetime project to be complete. I'm debating just doing A set from the 50s. 52 wont be it haha.
Is this thing on?

Now that you have it complete, don't you feel like you need to start something new? ow all you have to do is complete each set as it comes out year by year which isn't too hard.

I suggested we do every football set, but for now I think we will just pick up the new sets as they come out.