`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advice with a issue. (trading issue)

RE: need advice with a issue. (trading issue)
(11-04-2011, 04:05 AM)arod0770710 Wrote: You know, my situation is quite the opposite....I just did a trade and apparently the other party did not receive the cards...Luckily I always send with DC#...according to the post office the package was delivered but the other party still says he did not receive...I feel bad about him not getting any cards but did not know what to do...We have been in contact and I offered to send him a replacement of one of the 3 cards in the trade...actually the most expensive one of the (Chris Johnson auto)...I have not heard a reply yet but still....hope I am not getting scammed but just want to make things right...hopefully he will find them if they did get misplaced in his mail and he returns the card...anyways its a tough situation without DC#.
Tough situation.

With all due respect to most of the responders to this thread - I personally think you're all focused on the wrong issue.

As the above situation shows, DC doesn't mean a hill of beans if the package goes missing. DC does not prevent a package from being lost, nor does it make it magically reappear if it does go missing. Had the OP's trader bought DC, he would STILL be in the same position he is now (no cards).

DC is beneficial to help establish your side of the 'he said-she said' argument about whether cards were sent or not, but that's moot in this situation as the OP has stated he firmly believes the cards were actually sent. There is no 'he said-she said' in this case.

Now if the OP had said he doubted the cards were ever sent, yes then having some sort of tracking would be useful to help establish the truth. But the end result would still be the same...no cards.

Ultimately it comes down to the two traders involved to work out some sort of compromise. Personally I believe there are two acceptable options -

1. Cancel the trade - it stinks for the OP's trading partner, but ultimately each user is responsible to ensure their trading partner gets their cards. Whether or not it was the trading partner's fault directly or not, OP didn't get cards, therefore, isn't required to send.

2. Come to some sort of mutual agreement about splitting the loss.

I personally don't think OP sending out his entire end and getting nothing in return is a good option, although if this wasn't a 'newbie' and they had sent at the same time, that is what would have resulted.
And as for arod's situation - again it's a tough situation, but all you can do is try to work out some sort of compromise with your trading partner. Have him check with family members, neighbors, and his mail person to see if any of them recall seeing it.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I don't think anyone is trying to say that it is actual proof when using DC, it just helps bolster your claim that you sent out your end. Whenever I use DC, I do it for my benefit, not the benefit of the other trader. When push comes to shove in this situation, everyone loses... be it in reputation or just plain out some cards.

Sorry for the situation and I hope you can work it out.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

(11-04-2011, 10:27 AM)soccerscrub Wrote: I don't think anyone is trying to say that it is actual proof when using DC, it just helps bolster your claim that you sent out your end. Whenever I use DC, I do it for my benefit, not the benefit of the other trader. When push comes to shove in this situation, everyone loses... be it in reputation or just plain out some cards.

I agree...I just think everyone got sidetracked on that issue. At this point, the cards are lost, DC or no DC. The 'problem' that needs addressing NOW is how to handle it.

(11-04-2011, 10:27 AM)soccerscrub Wrote: I don't think anyone is trying to say that it is actual proof when using DC, it just helps bolster your claim that you sent out your end. Whenever I use DC, I do it for my benefit, not the benefit of the other trader. When push comes to shove in this situation, everyone loses... be it in reputation or just plain out some cards.

If the package is lost, DC doesnt prove it was sent anymore than a PO receipt which lists the zip it was sent to.

In ARods case, DC said it was delivered, Id say sorry, it was delivered. That is the benefit you get from DC over the PO receipt. They can take it up with the PO if they dont think they actually got it...that is hard to believe though since they scan it to mark as delivered as they put it in your mailbox.

And yes, DC is no $.17 for most. It is $.80 for most, and on a smaller trade, its often not worth it to me. If its lost, Ill work it out if its a solid member, but DC or no DC, if it was lost and I know I sent it, it makes no difference, its still lost and wasnt delivered and a PO Receipt says the same as DC Confirmation, only that it was sent. I always use it on a new member though...
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(11-04-2011, 11:09 AM)charbs1111 Wrote: If the package is lost, DC doesnt prove it was sent anymore than a PO receipt which lists the zip it was sent to.

In ARods case, DC said it was delivered, Id say sorry, it was delivered. That is the benefit you get from DC over the PO receipt. They can take it up with the PO if they dont think they actually got it...that is hard to believe though since they scan it to mark as delivered as they put it in your mailbox.
That is not always the case though, because carriers can still accidentally add the package into someone else's mail. It has happened to me but my neighbor was honest and placed it at my doorstep. I have also been delivered a big box that wasn't listed as my address and wasn't even an address on my street. It had a tracking number on it. There was NO way the carrier could *know* exactly where she delivered it (she was always on her cell the whole time...sigh). I took it to the po and filed yet another complaint about my carrier. It took over a year, but she doesn't deliver mail around here anymore...
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

yes, but that is not the senders fault. That is the PO fault, hence why I said the receiver should take it up with the PO if the DC said it was delivered and receiver said they did not get it.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(11-04-2011, 11:02 AM)ceocards Wrote: I agree...I just think everyone got sidetracked on that issue. At this point, the cards are lost, DC or no DC. The 'problem' that needs addressing NOW is how to handle it.
Ahh, but you also might be getting a little off track as well Smile

The OP is not out anything, so there is no loss to them, but thinks that the other trader might have sent out their end because they have been keeping in communication with her'

now you can ask Bob ( Floydtown ) about this, because I have seen it many times in the past, and I am sure he has as well, where the other trader claims they sent out their end, and kept pm'ing, etc " did you get your cards yet", etc, and never intended to send their end out, then they claim the " lost" mail thing, because they didn't use dc.

For example, there was a guy on the old boards, that would agree to trades, then he claimed when he received the other persons package that there were no cards in it, the package was always sealed, but no cards inside, now receiving a package like that might happen once or twice, but not like every other package liked this guy always claimed.

When you take a package to the PO to get dc, they stamp the dc receipt with a stamp, that has the date of sending, etc......, now some one stated earlier that the po cash register receipt is proof of sending, this is not always the case, if you take a package to the counter to mail, without getting something like dc, sig confirm, etc... the cash register receipt will only show the cost amount for postage, not the zip code of the package where it was sent to.......

This is why I stated earlier to always demand use of DC in trade negotiations, it protects BOTH traders, not just one as far as proof of sending, etc....
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(11-04-2011, 11:37 AM)shezdoni Wrote: Ahh, but you also might be getting a little off track as well Smile

The OP is not out anything, so there is no loss to them, but thinks that the other trader might have sent out their end because they have been keeping in communication with her'

now you can ask Bob ( Floydtown ) about this, because I have seen it many times in the past, and I am sure he has as well, where the other trader claims they sent out their end, and kept pm'ing, etc " did you get your cards yet", etc, and never intended to send their end out, then they claim the " lost" mail thing, because they didn't use dc.

For example, there was a guy on the old boards, that would agree to trades, then he claimed when he received the other persons package that there were no cards in it, the package was always sealed, but no cards inside, now receiving a package like that might happen once or twice, but not like every other package liked this guy always claimed.

When you take a package to the PO to get dc, they stamp the dc receipt with a stamp, that has the date of sending, etc......, now some one stated earlier that the po cash register receipt is proof of sending, this is not always the case, if you take a package to the counter to mail, without getting something like dc, sig confirm, etc... the cash register receipt will only show the cost amount for postage, not the zip code of the package where it was sent to.......

This is why I stated earlier to always demand use of DC in trade negotiations, it protects BOTH traders, not just one as far as proof of sending, etc....
Shez - I don't disagree with any of that...but again, at this point, what difference does it make? The OP still has no cards. Railing on the OP's trading partner for not using DC would not have produced a different outcome, and only serves to dwell on the past.

The question, and point of the thread as I see it, is what to do now?

thanks for all the comments, we have talked and are probly just gona split the bv like a few of the traders earlier said
Sigs curtesy of KoolKellGirl and JDetter!! Thanks a ton!!

[Image: fbqueen1.jpg]

[Image: fbqueen.gif]

If its a first class parcel, my receipt always says the city its going to, the zip code, then whatever zone it is in, and then first class parcel. Are PO receipts not uniform??