Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screwdown Cases Vs. Magnetic Holders
Smile 
Screwdown Cases Vs. Magnetic Holders
I understand it all comes down to preference, but which of these holders better protects a card: a screwdown or a magnetic case. All opinions and input will be greatly appreciated, thank you. Smile
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

RE: Screwdown Cases Vs. Magnetic Holders
Out of those two, my vote would be for the Magnetic Holder, but why not just the old school Top loader inside a team bag?

I put all my stuff in penny sleeves and toploaders. A card shop owner in San Diego told me he's seen people bring cards in screwdowns into the shop. The cards sometimes stick to the screwdown and the color or sig sticks to the screwdown and damages the card.

Drop a screw down on the floor........
Now drop your magnetic..........
Which one stayed closed? IMO I like the screw down better for the above reason only. I also like snap tights but those are tricky, if you don't get the card in just right, ohh ohh

my opinion the screwdown would be the choice if you will be handling the card alot. Less chance of it popping open. Just make sure the card is dead center of the screw down made the mistake of having the card slide to the side when tighten the screws and caused a dent in the edge of the card.

I like the magnetic cases best. I don't know how many times I've bought cards and they were sent in a screw-case case where the screw was nearly stripped and was tough to remove. Yea if you drop a magnetic case it may pop open, but they are just so much more easier to use. I heard the card can "breathe" a little easier in the magnetic cases too, which can be better for the card if stored long term in the case.

I love the magnetics. The ones Ive purchased have held really good. It doesn't open easier either. I actually tossed a screw and magnetic down 12 steps "wood" and the both held. Now I will say i like the way the screw cases fit into team bags. The magnetics are just too big. Both nice and both do the job. Too bad you can't use penny sleeves in those. Also wish they made pages for top loaders and hard cases.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

(11-02-2011, 11:01 PM)talkntribe Wrote: Also wish they made pages for top loaders and hard cases.
Why not just use the 6 pocket pages for them?

I have seen cards have the front gloss/picture come off and stick to screw-downs where they were too tight and stored too long

Personally I use sleeves and loaders of various sizes from Ultra-Pro in the appropriate storage boxes but if I were to use magnetics each one would be in a graded card sleeve bag (essentially a big team bag) to prevent scratching or coming open
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(11-02-2011, 11:02 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: Why not just use the 6 pocket pages for them?
There is a company that makes pages for Top loaders but they are special size binders and pages you can only get from them. I have seen them on Ebay. Pretty cool but a little pricey.