`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay Rant

Ebay Rant
I've been tracking some items on Ebay for the last few days. The description has stated something about the "scarcity" of the items that I know isn't true, and it's really upping the selling price. Someone is paying *a lot* for them, far more than I think they should. I know the buyer can decide what it is "worth" to them, but I suspect they may have been swayed by the misinformation in the item description. As an observer it's reinforcing for me that it is indeed "buyer beware" when shopping, but it burns me that people can - and will - do this sort of thing from time to time. Just a rant. J.

RE: Ebay Rant
I hear what you are saying. I am watching a card and the seller is asking $149.99 buy now or best offer. It is a Doughty pride of the nation #/35. The BV is a lot lower then what he is asking for it. I put in two reasonable offers and they were both rejected automatically. It's crazy how people think there card is worth so much more then it really is.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

(10-31-2011, 07:58 PM)iluvladies5015 Wrote: I hear what you are saying. I am watching a card and the seller is asking $149.99 buy now or best offer. It is a Doughty pride of the nation #/35. The BV is a lot lower then what he is asking for it. I put in two reasonable offers and they were both rejected automatically. It's crazy how people think there card is worth so much more then it really is.
a lot of sellers are like that... i just let them waste the $$ on the relisting fees and wait to i get it at my price i am willing to pay or not deal with them
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I know when i sell its to raise funds to buy cards i want. Being mainly a collector i list for what i want and if i cant get a decent deal the cards go back into my collection.