`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Is the Jordan in question fake or real?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Fake
30.77%
4 30.77%
Real
23.08%
3 23.08%
I honestly can't tell.
46.15%
6 46.15%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 UDA Jordan SPX autograph FAKE!

RE: 1996 UDA Jordan SPX autograph FAKE!
Could anyone Give me an opinion on this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Was doing a search and found this topic and wanted to revive it.

I found a 1996 Upper Deck SPx - Michael Jordan - Holoview Heros - #H1 - Autographed.

Guy said he pulled if from a pack. It has a UD Sticker on the back with BAD75326 as the authenticity #. Called UD and they said they couldn't authenticate it. Apparently has no COA with matching hologram and #.

Found another card just like this on eBay that had recently sold. It had been graded/authenticated by JSA/BGS and also had no COA. It's # was BAG56054. Asked them to authenticate it and they said it was legit.

I'm 99.9% what I saw was a fake. Disappointing so say the least.

(05-13-2015, 05:29 PM)NateNichols Wrote: Was doing a search and found this topic and wanted to revive it.

I found a 1996 Upper Deck SPx - Michael Jordan - Holoview Heros - #H1 - Autographed.

Guy said he pulled if from a pack. It has a UD Sticker on the back with BAD75326 as the authenticity #. Called UD and they said they couldn't authenticate it. Apparently has no COA with matching hologram and #.

Found another card just like this on eBay that had recently sold. It had been graded/authenticated by JSA/BGS and also had no COA. It's # was BAG56054. Asked them to authenticate it and they said it was legit.

I'm 99.9% what I saw was a fake. Disappointing so say the least.
Upper Deck didn't keep accurate records of their authentication sticker numbers back then. They couldn't verify it because there's no database to reference.

(05-16-2015, 09:42 AM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: Upper Deck didn't keep accurate records of their authentication sticker numbers back then. They couldn't verify it because there's no database to reference.
Again, they were able to authenticate the very same card that I found on eBay, but had a different authentication #.

The card in question wasn't local so it would have taken some effort to go get it and just not a risk I was willing to take.

Just for reference, here are pictures of the card in question.

Again, UD could not confirm the authenticity.

I contacted the other person who had this card on eBay that was authenticated by JSA and graded by BGS on how they came across their card since they also said they had no COA from UD to accompany the card.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Again, Upper Deck does not have full records of the COA numbers on file and can't confirm everything.

There are repeated confirmable examples of Michael Jordan autographs from 1996 SPx, with their COAs pictured, with BAD prefixes. There are also ones with BAC prefixes. There are also Penny Hardaway 1996 SPx autographs with BAD prefix numbers. The point is you can't just go off the authentication sticker based on its numbering.