`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
GO CARDS!

RE: GO CARDS!
I think Freese AND Carpenter both deserve it.
Actually, I should get it for continuing my support by not jinxing them by watching some of the games. Well, parts of them anyway. Wink
I watched at least some of every game, but the 4 games I fully watched (or listened to on the radio on my way home from work) from beginning to end were the 3 losses and the STL BLOWOUT on Saturday. That game was spectacular as a Cards fan! I turned off Game 6 at the beginning of the bottom half of the 7th inning. I tuned back in just after the Cards won in the 11th. Tonight, I had something I felt I should do to keep me from watching the final 2 innings. It is insane how many coincidences there were this postseason b/t me NOT watching the Cardinals game and them winning that game!!!
I am ecstatic that they won their 11th title. I actually wouldn't have had a problem with the Rangers winning though, except that it was over my fav. team. I 'almost' always root for a team that has never won a WS to win one. I rooted for the Rangers last year and would have done so this year IF they weren't facing MY team!
I did see a telling sign that Texas was desperate the last two games though. Their bullpen was replaced by starters! That is not a good sign. Texas had a pretty good bullpen and they should have stuck with them. They decided to put starters in the reliever position for the last 2 games and I think that is what cost them the WS. Starting pitchers 'feel out' the hitters to see what they should or should NOT throw to them. A starter playing reliever does not have that option. I would NOT be surprised to see this same match-up next year though!
Sorry for being long-winded here! I really am.

A Rangers fan
I got to tell myself this.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ther...FORM=VIRE4
I am kiddung of course
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I had Texas picked to make it to the WS. They were the team I was most afraid of when I hypothesized the Cardinals making it to the WS. Texas had an amazing team, but mistakes on defense and managing killed them. I give my props to Texas for sure.

What a series! We've witnessed one of the greatest runs and most incredible postseasons in sports history...And it just happens to be my favorite team. Woo!
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

(10-28-2011, 11:22 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I had Texas picked to make it to the WS. They were the team I was most afraid of when I hypothesized the Cardinals making it to the WS. Texas had an amazing team, but mistakes on defense and managing killed them. I give my props to Texas for sure.
Walks killed them IMO. They couldn't throw strikes when they needed to.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

BigT OR slufan (or ANYONE else!),
If you can get me a WS Program book, I will gladly pay cover price + S/H!!! I am completely serious. My Aunt and Uncle were in STL for the '06 WS and got me a program book. They gave it to me for X-mas that year (along with the STL Dispatch newspaper declaring them the winners). This is the 2nd WS Championship that I'm old enough to have seen. I was only 4 when they won in 1982 and I saw 3 WS' that they lost ('85, '87, '04) before the '06 victory.
If anyone one can send me a Program book, I would be thrilled and will happily pay you for it!

(10-28-2011, 11:25 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: BigT OR slufan (or ANYONE else!),
If you can get me a WS Program book, I will gladly pay cover price + S/H!!! I am completely serious. My Aunt and Uncle were in STL for the '06 WS and got me a program book. They gave it to me for X-mas that year (along with the STL Dispatch newspaper declaring them the winners). This is the 2nd WS Championship that I'm old enough to have seen. I was only 4 when they won in 1982 and I saw 3 WS' that they lost ('85, '87, '04) before the '06 victory.
If anyone one can send me a Program book, I would be thrilled and will happily pay you for it!
I'm not sure how long they'll last, but you can order a world series program on mlb.com right now.

(10-28-2011, 11:24 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Walks killed them IMO. They couldn't throw strikes when they needed to.
Derek, You are absolutely right.

(10-28-2011, 09:46 PM)slufan83 Wrote: 6 Outs away and my heart is beating a million times a minute! Hang in there Cards!
I listened to game six & sounded like a wild game, the 3 B/Saves suprised me but thought Texas would win taking the 10th inning lead. Before watching any of game 7, 5 batters in i thought Texas & ST. Louis were in for another 10-9 game.
Congrats to St.Louis
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(10-28-2011, 11:32 PM)dpatera Wrote: I'm not sure how long they'll last, but you can order a world series program on mlb.com right now.
I thank you for the info. However, I would prefer to have one that is touched by a person in the area of the final game, esp. if it came from Busch Stadium! I would rather not have one come from MLB's printing press straight into a mailer. I really hope this doesn't sound condescending or insulting! I honestly mean that.