`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Have things changed around here? Am I Wrong?

RE: Have things changed around here? Am I Wrong?
it's kinda a "gut feeling" that's needed trading now-a-days ..... check all feedback, and then if you don't know who've they've traded with ..... check their feedback Wink

we've been thinking about getting back into trading lately, but I'm still on the fence right now.

no one wants to start trading with low $$$'d cards to start and build a relationship, everyone seems to want $100+ cards right away and beech about why you don't want to go there Sad

We've tried to build a good reputation here, and I know many may have their concerns dealing "cross border" but I still get a chuckle when a newbie asks me to send first lol Smile

You have done nothing wrong. I would trade with you no questions asked. Some people just get their panties ruffled way to easy. Life always comes before our treasured cardboard. Some people need a chill pill.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

People are terrible...trading isnt what it used to be

Communication is the key for me. Everyone knows life happens and cards can wait. As long as you let the other person know what's going on, I don't think it should be a problem.
[Image: gamsig.gif]
Collecting Chris Johnson, Titans/Oilers, Bama Alum (Active), and MMA
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636...ersHeaven/

i thought the whole issue is whether he/she should get impatient over getting his cards? not about sending first.

the trader did that, right? heck, new traders - why not get impatient - he doesn't know you - but he trusted you enough to send first.

he/she shouldn't AT ALL leave neg feedback, but heck - i'm inpatient as it comes when i pay for something and it takes longer then expected - but i still leave positive feedback when i get it.

i don't get what the rant is all about. he/she is NEW. he/she SENT OUT FIRST. You got your end of the bargain. They are just probably antsy.

or maybe not....heck i dunno. just throwing out another opinion.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

This could have all been prevented by doing one of two things --

Best option -- While waiting for your end, you should have gotten your end ready to ship by using PayPal to print out a label. That way, you wouldn't have to go to the post office, and it would be ready to drop into the mail as soon as you got your cards from him.

Other option -- Send him an email telling him you were going to be away, and wouldn't be able to ship until you got back. Use this option if you don't have a PayPal account.

I agree with uga... The other trader did his end just fine, he was just in a hurry to get his cards from you. I see your signature says you only ship one day a week. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but you absolutely MUST tell the other trader as often as possible.

Let's trade. I can only ship on Monday though...
I got your stuff today. Your stuff will go out this coming Monday...
It's Monday. I shipped your stuff! Please consider leaving positive feedback for this trade like I left for you the other day.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

because everybody uses paypal to print off a label...i dont have a scale, dont know the cost.

I did let him know. And he got his panties in a bunch.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

Kinda off topic but since you've been away - you can use paypal and ship up to 5oz's for one cost. I know for a fact that shipping 1oz (1 card) is the same as shipping 3oz's (4 to 5 cards) and think its up to 5 before the price changes. Just a little help cuz paypal will save you a little cash on the DC Smile
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC