`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the most irritating to me...

This is the most irritating to me...

I was going through some of my "other site" purchases today and was scanning them into my photobucket page, when i noticed on a few of the cards there was damage that looks like it was done by pack searches... It really p***ses me off because i pay good money for some of these cards on the other site and because a lot of the cards are numbered to only 5 or 10 i don't want to send them back because who knows if i will be able to find them again.. I don't know how to put pictures on here but on each of the cards there is an uneven line that looks like it was done with a fingernail that goes around and inch and a half down or across the card. Has anyone else seen this? Is this from people searching the packs? Does it irritate you as much as me?
It is such a shame that awesome cards that are low numbered get ruined by the d-bags!!!!
Sorry for the rant, Just had to vent...

RE: This is the most irritating to me...
Not sure if that's what its from but that stinks Sad

How could that be from pack searching when it is "down or across the card"? What packs have hits or serial numbered SP's on the outside instead of buried in the middle? (Which would be absolutely necessary for the damage you describe)

The damage is unfortunate, but your logic is flawed.

I don't buy open boxes because of that that's probably what it's from or during shipping I'd contact manufacter or were ever you purchased them from...
a> href="http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n510/marty74elwaybroncos/?action=view&current=martywood74.jpg" target="_blank">my sig banner

(11-02-2011, 09:08 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: How could that be from pack searching when it is "down or across the card"? What packs have hits or serial numbered SP's on the outside instead of buried in the middle? (Which would be absolutely necessary for the damage you describe)

The damage is unfortunate, but your logic is flawed.
I understand your thought process: I just dont get how there can be a thin indention on the card that looks like a fingernail did it, I can understand certain flaws in the cards but it is very odd and curious how it could be a manufacturer flaw... I saw a thread "not on this site" one time about how to search for jersey cards back in the day... The guy who did this said he would push down on the outside cards hard enough with his nail to "feel" for the open spot where the jersey was... his thought was, the outside cards are worthless so who cares if you damage those, the one you want is in the middle. "that" is how i could see there being this type of mark on the card... In any event, it still sucks! also, if this isnt done by pack searchers, which i admit i may be wrong, I have seen many a card damaged in other ways by searchers.. And this just reminded me of other damaged cards I have bought that were no doubt done by people searching the packs...Seeing this mark on some really nice cards just hit a nerve Smile