Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need experienced collectors help

Need experienced collectors help
Hey everyone,

Bear with me... I've been collecting since I was 5 and have built up a collection of over 20,000 (too bad 19,000 of them are crap.) I'm wanting to turn that collection into strictly autos/jerseys/Clippers/TN Volunteers...

In everyone's opinion, what should I do? I have already started organizing by sport and pulling the cards that are worth a little bit. Which of these options do you think is best?

A. Sort the cards by sport and auction them as a lot. (e.g. "5,000 MLB cards)
B. Sort the cards by sport and team and auction them as a lot. (e.g. "200 Seattle Seahawks card")
C. Auction them as a whole collection, with no sorting.
D. Just give all the ones that aren't worth more than $2-3 a piece away.
E. Sell player lots (e.g. "50 David Robinson cards" "50 Michael Jordan cards") and give away the rest.

----------
I greatly appreciate everyone's help and any suggestions. I apologize if this thread is redundant or is annoying Smile
Looking for: Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, Darius Miles, Eric Berry, Montario Hardesty, Jerod Mayo, Dan Williams, Denarius Moore, Tobias Harris, Marcus Haislip.

Any other Clipper/Tennessee Volunteers.

RE: Need experienced collectors help
Donate the base cards and cheap inserts to a local children's hospital. They will make it into a child's hands in a place where anything will help them recover. After that, I say go with team stuff. You have too many cards to sell by sport or by player. Choose the middle option and sell by team. Additionally, pull out the memorabilia cards, auto cards, and combo cards and sell them separately.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(10-25-2011, 01:49 PM)all day baby Wrote: Donate the base cards and cheap inserts to a local children's hospital. They will make it into a child's hands in a place where anything will help them recover. After that, I say go with team stuff. You have too many cards to sell by sport or by player. Choose the middle option and sell by team. Additionally, pull out the memorabilia cards, auto cards, and combo cards and sell them separately.
I'm too lazy to post all the reasons, but I agree with ADB.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

by sport or by player would be the best way to do it. Also just keep the ones your not gonna sell only worth 2-3 bucks or less. You never know when your gonna run across someone who needs one of those cards to make a complete set and willing to pay extra for em.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

I agree with ADB as well. Besides, for any cards from the 80's through the mid 90's, they will probably cost you more to ship than anyone will want to pay you for them anyway.

(10-25-2011, 01:49 PM)all day baby Wrote: Donate the base cards and cheap inserts to a local children's hospital. They will make it into a child's hands in a place where anything will help them recover. After that, I say go with team stuff. You have too many cards to sell by sport or by player. Choose the middle option and sell by team. Additionally, pull out the memorabilia cards, auto cards, and combo cards and sell them separately.
+1!!! make the kids happy...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

the donate to kids idea is a awesome idea too.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

Put them together by team and trade them as a lot for cards you want.
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

(10-25-2011, 05:23 PM)rburkett Wrote: Put them together by team and trade them as a lot for cards you want.
Yea, probably shouldn't sell the more ubiquitous cards, not a lot of takers. I personally do teams and players, but I rarely sell cards.

Trade what you can, it will be in your best interest, plus donating will also help with some good karma down the road.

Either way you look at it, you will be spending more money in trade bait or off the bay and in postage, but the collection will be more rewarding to collect (and pssibly to sell at a future date???)

[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

I say, since it is coming close to Halloween, instead of giving out candy, bundle the ones you don't want into bundles of like 25 cards and hand those out., kids get them, enjoy them, and have a blast with them.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35