`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Issues

Trade Issues
I am new to trading on Beckett, but I have been able to complete multiple trades lately. Thanks guys. Anyway, without outing the offender prematurely, what is the customary period of time to try to keep contacting the other person when their end of the trade goes horribly wrong, i.e. the card(s) was/were sent in a huge envelope with no sturdy protection and the card came completely bent in half!

I don't want to leave bad feedback, but will if I have to. Opinions please.

By the way, my end was sent out practically "bulletproof".
Shawn Green PC:
377 unique cards
76 GU & Patches
5 Autos

RE: Trade Issues
This is the reason for feedback. Its to share your trade experience. You first have to figure out if the damage was due to the trader or the post office. Did the trader ship in a padded envelope and did he use a toploader to protect his cards? I would say if he shipped in those things, you may want to take it out on the post office and not the trader. 2. If the buyer didn't ship in padded envelope and or toploader- I would have contacted him and looked into getting the trade reversed or pick out something else. I would also leave the correct feedback. It wouldn't be 5 stars but it wouldn't be complete negative. If he is poor on the packaging, then i would say so. I would give him a couple days to respond. Check to see when he has logged in last. It really ticks me off when people don't respond but log in everyday and show activity on the forums.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

Exactly ^^^^^^^^ Another reason for feedback is to save the rest of us traders as well. If we do a trade with this guy and you DONT leave the "not so good" feedback ie shiping issues, no contact then we may end up with the same issues. If you do leave the feedback it may prevent us from trading with that person. I hope you get this fixed soon and everything works out. BTW I shipped your stuff this weekend.

I'd say contact some of the traders he has recently traded with and see how their experience was. As stated above, was it the trader or the PO. I personally have never given less than 5 stars to a single trader. However, I always use communication. The few traders who did deserve a hit from me never left me feedback cause they new they'd get hit with a lower than 5 rating. Communication is key for sure here. If the trader logs in and refuses to respond then you have an issue worth leaving a negative for. I also recommend tracking the message using the tracking feature in the PM section. If they are reading the message and not responding then that is grounds for a mark. If they left feedback for you it is likely they intended to be good on your end. The guys who hold feedback hostage are the guys you have to watch out for. That is such a dirty trick they use. If you wanna PM me and I have dealt with them I will fill you in on my experience. I have over 450 trades so the odds are I may have dealt with them. Even if this was the PO's fault, the good traders here always compensate in some way, maybe a 50/50 loss or something.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Wasn't me was it??

Anyway - I think it comes down to whether they are ignoring your communications or not - like another poster said above, if they are continuing to be active and you are sure they are getting your communications, and just ignoring you, then I would let it hit feedback.

I do know that some people are real active for a few days or weeks, then drop off for a week or two, then come back again.

I know that I get trade "comments" sooner that PM's as they get sent to my e-mail, but it is hard to miss the yellow Messages banner at the top of any forum pages.
Good luck

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

(10-24-2011, 12:08 PM)hellsbells Wrote: Wasn't me was it??

Anyway - I think it comes down to whether they are ignoring your communications or not - like another poster said above, if they are continuing to be active and you are sure they are getting your communications, and just ignoring you, then I would let it hit feedback.

I do know that some people are real active for a few days or weeks, then drop off for a week or two, then come back again.

I know that I get trade "comments" sooner that PM's as they get sent to my e-mail, but it is hard to miss the yellow Messages banner at the top of any forum pages.
Good luck

Ken
+1

[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]