`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Louis has the W.S. in the BAG!!!

RE: St. Louis has the W.S. in the BAG!!!
(10-22-2011, 11:48 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: He probably is the best in the game right now. There's only 60 or so guys in the game right now becuase everyone elseis at home. J/K.

He is one of the best in all of MLB right now and probably in the top 6-10 in history. That'd be an intersting thread to start: have everyone rank their 1-10 all-time and tell why, whether it was because they watched them or led their team to a title.
made your top 10 thread

https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

i have no dog in this fight at all, but to call the series over because you won game 3?

im now a rangers fan. i hope the rangers kick the cards behind, and im gonna save this post right now, so if you try to delete it, ill repost it after the cards lose

"best fans in baseball" *rolls eyes*

do you start talking about no hitters in the 7th inning too?

Save it!!! And when the series is over remember you wasted your time saving this! When the cardinals do win I WANT YOU TO MAKE A THREAD that says I cant believe that R**k face was RIGHT!!!
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

rangers are gonna win in 7

Worse than a Paintball Fanboy Forum....lol.

I dislike Fat Alberts non-running butt...Everyone knows that....But he has to stand as 1 of the greats of baseball history...Not top 10 but more like top 3. Braun? Really? Let's see him in 10 years and look at what numbers he's putting up and then you can make his case....He was no daisey with the glove.

(10-23-2011, 08:35 AM)JASCards Wrote: But he has to stand as 1 of the greats of baseball history...Not top 10 but more like top 3.
so, which three are you removing for pujols?

ted williams, babe ruth, josh gibson, willie mays, ty cobb

His numbers are better than all of theirs....... Sans Williams...But the competition today is much higher than back in the "Golden Era". Supliments, technology, that can't be argued.

Also, Ruth wouldn't have the numbers he has if he played in the modern game. He played against pitchers who started multiple games in a row with no reliefe etc.,.

I love Ruth and Mays, don't get me wrong, but they are like Bach and Motzart...though great they do not disqualify the importance of the Beetles or Elvis.

new era has diluted pitching, smaller ballparks, tons of expansions teams, pitchers that dont pitch inside. all you have to do is look at offensive numbers for the league as a whole as see pujols played in an era where offense was inflated league wide. so, no: pujols doesnt face greater competition as a batter versus a pitcher

and he does not have better numbers.

willie mays is the greatest to ever play the game. because fielding matters as well. he was a 5 tool guy. albert is an average/power/obp guy. but he doesnt have the speed aspect his game.

i can do this with old school stats or new school. how do you want it?

new school? alright: mays has a career WAR of 154 (4th). pujols? 89 (31st)

old school? well, i could be cruel and compare stolen bases. i could point out that mays was a career 302 hitter, and pujols career BA will diminish as his career goes on, like it did for mays.

of course, any accumulated stat, mays clearly leads, but that isnt fair to what pujols projected stats may be at the age of 31. however, there are a few stats which pujols wont close: runs, and runs created for instance (hit ya with both old and new in the same sentence).

but the simple fact is that mays with his defense and speed give him clear edges where even with projected numbers pujols might be close in

I would take mays over pujols.....and saying that ruth faced guys that pitched multiple days in a row is a weak argument compared to how tiny the modern parks are to the ones that those guys played in...Plus id take one of those guys on his fourth day in a row pitching over half the pitchers that pitch in mlb these days. Plus they used the same ball the whole game, had inferior equipment and medical treatments...i could go on like this for 12 paragraphs

I think Pujols is better than most of the players jacoby listed, but I agree with him about the whole calling it after 3 games thing. Remember when the Cardinals had a 1-run lead going into the 9th? Did you say it was over then?
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)