`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett Grading

Beckett Grading
Wow, I could not be more pissed than I am right now! I have been a PSA. Guy for 3 years. And my keen eye has produced a Gem Mint 10 submittal rate of close to 90% with PSA. A rep from Beckett called me in September and told me about their Septembember grading special. $6.00 a card , and. $1.00 to certify autographs. So told the rep I would give them a shot to earn my business. I sent them 20.00 high end cards to grade.

I get them back today and crap was I screwed on grading! I put all my cards through the magnifying glass and examine closely to assure all corners are sharp, edges smooth, centering near perfect and surface clean. Then to top it off they forgot to grade my 2 of my autos. But charged me for it! So now I have a Castro 3 colored patch auto and a ndamukong suh rookie auto with no auto grades.

I 100% disagree with all their grading results and feel I can dispute all their grades. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Beckett, you tried to earn my business, but looks as though you are losing it once again!
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

RE: Screwed by Beckett Grading
Got scans?
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

I can scan, but it is tough to analyze their sub grades under a scanned picture. Just really upset. I told the rep my customers like to see the 10 by psa, and she responded that the bgs 9.5 carries just as much weight as the Psa 10. In Ardith nm the only one card I was scared to submit was my Aaron rodgers chrome rookie, the one corner was clearly dinged and the card is scratched. And that card came back a 9.5! I think they rushed my order whichnis evidenced by them screwing me and not providing all the services I paid for. I'll get some scans up shortly.

I have not had an issue with Beckett grading before. but I agree that it sounds like they might have rushed through it. Service, Service,Service!
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]

dont grade?! i still do not see the point if you are collecting for the love of the hobby who cares what some dork at beckett thinks about YOUR card! just my 2 cents
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

Wait, they gave you a 9.5 and your upset that you didn't get a 10?
Lmao, ok, I've given BGS all my business and have had a pretty good success rate with predicting the grades, but you can never predict a 10. A 9.5 yes, but never a 10. Those are just too hard to get to expect them. If you're unhappy with the grade, crack it
http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/dayton310/

DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2 DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2
R.O.A. (DO NOT TRADE) THE GREAT 48

whats the dif with psa and bgs
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

(10-22-2011, 03:31 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: dont grade?! i still do not see the point if you are collecting for the love of the hobby who cares what some dork at beckett thinks about YOUR card! just my 2 cents
I resell so the grades matter to my customers, they like to see 10's. The reason I went with Beckett for their September special and the rep sold me on the fact that the BGS 9.5 carries as much weight as the PSA 10.

Here are the scans
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

9.5's are just as respected as PSA 10's

i believe, if you dont want less than a 9.5, you can state so, and they wont grade it

you arent a professional, so even though you have had past success, that doesnt guarantee you will always be right. (dont mean this in a hostile way)

For the sake of selling, I can understand your point. As for the Personal Collections, I don't ever send cards in for grading IMO I think it ruins the cards.
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]