`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [CONTESTS CLOSED]

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [FIRST CONTEST CLOSED]
that morris is SWEET!!!lmk when it hits ebay, maybe send me a pm with the link. i would appreciate it.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

Visually, I like the die cut the best. That Ichiro is really cool. Now you have to wait and see what that 17-year-old pitcher is going to be.

I give the case a B. If the superfractor was a good player, it would have been a great case.

(10-20-2011, 01:33 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: I don't wish to speak for him, but I know in all the past breaks/contests I've been a part of he doesn't usually trade and everything gets posted up for sale on ebay
jxg is correct. I'm not really a trader because of my very narrow focus of "wants." It's almost always more efficient for me to cash in whatever cards I don't keep. I usually decide after the break what sets I want to build, based on the aesthetics, how close I am, etc., and then I list the rest of eBay. However, I just sent a few thousand cards to checkoutmycards.com and intend to start selling there more often. I don't know if I'll try that with 11 Chrome, but I might. The highest-end cards usually end up in my PC.

Sorry -- I usually mention this in my thread-opening post, so people don't waste too much time hounding me for a specific player.
(10-20-2011, 01:01 PM)natejeffries Wrote: Visually, I like the die cut the best. That Ichiro is really cool. Now you have to wait and see what that 17-year-old pitcher is going to be.

I give the case a B. If the superfractor was a good player, it would have been a great case.
Thanks for the input, nj. I agree with you about the die cut; really clever of them to break out of the rectangles with this set. In fact, why not multiple different shapes instead of just background enhancements? I know -- cost considerations. But it shouldn't be too expensive for them to serial number some of the parallels.

Incidentally, I haven't seen any parallels yet of the Bowman's Best Prospects. Seems like some numbered parallels of these would also be nice.
(10-20-2011, 12:19 AM)tdog4468 Wrote: Your only 9 boxes in an already your case blows mine away! I predict this will the the highlight case of your break.
Thanks for the input, but too bad your case didn't do better. No Harper?
I certainly don't expect another super, but I am kind of counting on at least one Harper auto.

That Ichiro may end up being the best card in the case once you sell it...or top 3 anyway.

(10-20-2011, 10:28 AM)pyweed Wrote: Case #1, Box #10

Gold refractor /50: Brody Colvin
Throwback refractor /99: Tony Sanchez
Prospect auto: Matt Moore

Comments: Wow, those throwback refractors are numbered pretty low. I gather the Bowman’s Best also have very low numbered refractors, as I haven’t seen any yet. Nice auto, nice gold.

Case #1, Box #11

Prospect refractor /500: Cotton Cain
Blue refractor /150: David Ortiz
Throwback international xfractor /25: Ichiro Suzuki
Blue refractor prospect auto: Kendrick Perkins

Comments: The xfractor is all little squares and the reverse of the card is in Japanese. Pretty freaking cool. Nice blue auto too. The orange refractor in box #1 is still the lowest numbered prospect auto, so Carpenter’s 87 pitches puts in the lead. predicted 89 pitches (the first of two contestants to do so), an impressive prophecy that puts him just one box away from being the contest winner.

Case #1, Box #12

Prospect refractor /500: Kyle Parker
Blue refractor /150: Corey Hart
Prospect auto: David Bromberg

Comments: One case down. I lost all Internet while busting this first case, which was really frustrating because I was at the final two tables of a poker tournament with a couple hundred entries. As I write this I still don’t know if I somehow squeaked into the final table on auto-fold. There were 13 players left when my Internet went, with 9 to be seated at the final table (which constitutes the next pay level). I had blinds and antes enough for four complete orbits but I was only in 7th or 8th overall, so it’s probably wishful thinking. But damn – I had a decent shot at going deep. Anyway, I’m typing all this in hopes that I can load up four boxes’ worth of posts before I go to bed.

I’ll start tracking eBay prices pretty soon. The prices aren’t anywhere close to stable and won’t be for some time, but I’m hoping that by the time I end my break I’ll be able to evaluate where I stand with this break. My sense is that I did pretty well with the first case, but not amazingly well. Yes, the superfractor is beautiful, but its cash value is quite modest. I got some solid autos, but not amazing autos. If I have to grade this case market-blind, I’ll say B. Your input and appraisal are quite welcome.

Congratulations to our contest winner, johnxgodfree!!. A former champion, correct? Please PM me with your mailing address and I’ll get your monster chrome lot out in the mail immediately. While I’m waiting for the Internet to come back I’ll go scan a couple of the more interesting cards. Good night all. Oh, BTW – Thursday I’ll post the new contest info, but I may not be able to bust much until Friday because Thursday is a real mess with my work schedule.

--Internet back up this morning. No time for replies or a postscript. Later tonight.

[Image: case1.jpg]
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

RE: 2011 Bowman Chrome 5 Case Break and Contest Thread [SECOND CONTEST OPEN]
(10-18-2011, 09:26 PM)pyweed Wrote: CONTEST #2: For my second contest, I am offering five autographed cards from among my duplicates in this break. After the break is over I will give you a list of those from which you can choose (I'll list out 15 or so; Harper will not be included). To participate, you need to guess which Prospect Autograph Card will appear in the very last box of my last case opened. To break ties (including nobody naming the actual auto), you must also guess the serial number of the last numbered card I pull in the break. Closest to the pin wins, any need for further tiebreak goes to the first poster. Entries may continue until I am ready to post results from the final box. I settle all disputes.
This entry is for your second contest...

I'll guess your final auto will be of Alex Colome, and the last serial number pulled will be 116. Good luck on your break!
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

Contest #2 Christopher Wallace (a.k.a. Big Poppa) #154

Last auto: Lawrie, Last serial number: 94
Angels cards - Jo Adell, Mike Trout, Reid Detmers, Ohtani, Bachman, O'Hoppe, Joyce, Zach Neto etc. 

Looking for Bowman Chrome Draft and Chrome Prospects set fillers. PM me what you have avail!

Contest Number 2: Bryce Harper... #88
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

Matt Moore ; 79

Thanks again!

Last auto: Garrett Gould, Last serial number: 142
Member 8670