`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyle Petty Error Card

Kyle Petty Error Card
I have a Kyle Petty Battle proven 1998 maxx card that has Jeff Gordon's face imprinted in it. I emailed upper deck they said it was a rare error card. Also I had it autographed by Kyle himself. Anybody know the value of this card or have seen it before. Every other one I have seen does not have Gordon's face imprinted in it like mine.
Petty
(10-18-2011, 12:46 PM)claytonsdad3 Wrote: I have a Kyle Petty Battle proven 1998 maxx card that has Jeff Gordon's face imprinted in it. I emailed upper deck they said it was a rare error card. Also I had it autographed by Kyle himself. Anybody know the value of this card or have seen it before. Every other one I have seen does not have Gordon's face imprinted in it like mine.
Petty
If anyone would like to see a picture of the card I can email it to you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Kyle Petty Error Card
I saw your post of UD's FB page and noticed that they said only a few of these got leaked. Because there really isn't any market information for this, Beckett probably doesn't even have a listing for this card and not to mention a value. To be honest with you, getting it signed by Kyle Petty probably decreases the value of the card. Because of the autograph, that probably makes it less desirable to a Jeff Gordon collector. I only say that because it would probably hold more value/sell value to a Jeff Gordon collector over a Kyle Petty collector.

yea the autograph killed the value of it for 99 percent of the collectors. The problem with what upper deck says is also they are not known for being honest.

When they got out of racing they dumped a bunch of not released and rare stuff to their big dealers that they still owed. This is why the jamie skinner autograph which was not officially released due to his drug bust used to be over 100.00. they gave evidently all of them to one dealer or maybe a couple. Originally the guy would only release them once every so often jacking up the price. A couple of years ago he started releaseing more and more. I bought mine for less than 20.00

I havent seen this card but if you had left it unsigned you probably could have gotten a decent price from a couple of collectors.

CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

Ok Ive seen it on ebay for 3 dollars. The value is not that important to me, I was just curious as to the rarity.

(10-18-2011, 03:37 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I saw your post of UD's FB page and noticed that they said only a few of these got leaked. Because there really isn't any market information for this, Beckett probably doesn't even have a listing for this card and not to mention a value. To be honest with you, getting it signed by Kyle Petty probably decreases the value of the card. Because of the autograph, that probably makes it less desirable to a Jeff Gordon collector. I only say that because it would probably hold more value/sell value to a Jeff Gordon collector over a Kyle Petty collector.
get Jeff Gordon to auto it as well? best of both.