`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would You Do? Kobe Auto Redemption, Updated W/ Replacement

RE: What Would You Do? Kobe Auto Redemption
I have lost faith in all the BIG 3 ,back when Topps and UD ran Donruss out of baseball I quit collecting totally ,then Topps brought out Moments and milestones and ruined the 1 of 1, that same year UD trashed the 1 of 1 with cards # to 1 that there were really hundreds of. I saw 1/1 of mickey mantle from Moments/ milestones selling for $20, really Mickey Mantle for $20 heck there are 80's cards of the Mick that sell for more . Back in the late 90's there was a lawsuit in California that determined All redemptions were basically gift certificates and therefore couldn't have an expiration dates so UD moved there headquarters to Nevada so they wouldn't have to honor expired redemptions. if you don't believe the "conspiracy theory " check the back of your cards and you will see the nevada address, It's time the big 3 figure this out you can't treat your customers like this and expect them to dump Hard earned money to pull redemptions this economy is bad enough, for lots of collectors it is the one thing we enjoy that we can still afford to do. Me personally I have switched to NASCAR cards and haven't had any thing but exceptional customer service from PressPass just last week I mailed a redemption for a Dale JR.autograph in and got it back in 6 days ( I am in washington state and they are in North Carolina 3 days each way) in fact I have had 3 redemption's that I turned in and it took less then a week for all three all of them were ON CARD AUTOS. I will gladly boycott the Big 3 till they get there crap together, besides with Racing cards at least you have heard of you lower tier drivers when you pull their auto and more than likely some one collects them so at least you will be able to trade it. Is it me or are more and more collectors getting fed up. Just my 2 cents, have a great day and God Bless
http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x456/scampbell379/
I collect Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken and Stan Musial in base ball and all the OFF Roaders in NASCAR, and bust FB every now and then but no emotional attachment to any of the hits i pull if some thing catches your eye let me know

I knew of the great customer service that Press Pass when they had a collegiate license. They were top notch in that department.

I won't sing Upper Deck's praises too much, but I have to say that they are doing a better job with the basketball than Panini's licensed stuff. I am about to start collecting collegiate cards again I think.

Now Panini is jumping into baseball as well, wow I bet us basketball collectors will be put on the back burner and stay there for some time.

How long will it take for collectors to get fed up and it affect the bottom line for these card companies?
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(11-02-2011, 01:46 PM)got watcha want Wrote: I knew of the great customer service that Press Pass when they had a collegiate license. They were top notch in that department.

I won't sing Upper Deck's praises too much, but I have to say that they are doing a better job with the basketball than Panini's licensed stuff. I am about to start collecting collegiate cards again I think.

Now Panini is jumping into baseball as well, wow I bet us basketball collectors will be put on the back burner and stay there for some time.

How long will it take for collectors to get fed up and it affect the bottom line for these card companies?
Maybe collectors as a whole need to boycott all these companies for at least 6mos. The main problems that UD had was customer service and redemptions. Now it seems Panini who was suppose to bring something new to the industry is having the same problems. Redemptions shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Companies shouldn't put out a product without having everything in stock first. If they can't get an auto before production time, then they should add it to another product IMO. The only items that should be redemptions are booklets or something too big or easy to find in packs.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Understand your plight, as I have a Kobe auto that was # 1/8 and it JUST came back a BGS 9.5. So I get wanting to get what you want.
But if you got the redemption out of a pack, hell, its still a Kobe sig and you'd be getting back more than what you paid still.
Id just be happy to get a Kobe sig at this point.

just got a call from Teresa with panini, unfortunately i was working out and missed it, tried calling her back and didnt get an answer, at least i have her direct number now. she said they are still waiting on some kind of confirmation from fed ex, i guess ill be calling them again, this is ridiculous for me to have to do the leg work, lol.
well, not sure what panini is talking about in regard to waiting on fed ex, i just called fed ex and they stated they sent panini a refund on October 25th, i left Teresa a message with this info and the claim # from the refund, hopefully ill get in touch with her tomorrow. Fed ex claims panini only had it insured for $100.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

talked to teresa today, she said i should get a replacement by next week, shes going to look at their inventory and call me on saturday morning with possible replacements, hopefully all goes well.

(11-11-2011, 06:32 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: talked to teresa today, she said i should get a replacement by next week, shes going to look at their inventory and call me on saturday morning with possible replacements, hopefully all goes well.
FINALLY, lol. Hopefully they give you what you want.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

sad thing is, the card value has dropped in the past month, just by 25 bv. so that will effect my replacement, but at this point, im just ready to get something.

tereasa tried calling me this morning but, im working nightshift this week, and i was already asleep. they have shipped out the kobe replacement and 2 redemptions i had. so i should get it next week.

RE: What Would You Do? Kobe Auto Redemption, Updated W/ Replacement
just got the package in from fed ex, wasnt expecting a replacement that was exactly like the card i was suppose to get, i am very happy i got what i was suppose to get. its 3/25. theres some smudging on the K but oh well, it adds character lol.
[Image: IMG_0001-13.jpg]