`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cost cutting question...

Cost cutting question...
So there are all these great sites that sell card boxes for cheap. I mean a LOT cheaper than what I can get them for at my LCS. I know why I go to the LCS, it's the fun of opening the cards and talking with people and the interaction. At what point should you stop going to the LCS for your large purchases? Like the difference in case prices are $100+.

I mean I really like supporting local businesses, 50% of the shirts I wear have local company logos on them just to get people to ask me about them, but at some point, you need to just be ok with saving money.

Any input?
Looking for: Urlacher, Hester, Forte, Knox, Cutler, and other Bears "Star" players. Even old school if you've got 'em.

RE: Cost cutting question...
Cases at the online places are the way to go. Single boxes, you have to wonder if they are the boxes left over from an opened case that has all the major hits accounted for. For single boxes, I make sure my lcs has just opened a fresh case before I buy one, just my two cents.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

Get in good like i do and i buy my cases below any site online through a LCS that endorses our site

Going to an actual LCS in person is hard because they have to make money and usually markup everything to stay totally out of the red. This is also why lcs are closing left and right

(10-14-2011, 01:44 PM)mackalack Wrote: Get in good like i do and i buy my cases below any site online through a LCS that endorses our site

Going to an actual LCS in person is hard because they have to make money and usually markup everything to stay totally out of the red. This is also why lcs are closing left and right
See, that's what I'd love to do, find a place that was affiliated with Beckett in some capacity.

And I know they're closing all the time, which is why I want to support them, it's just hard when I can go to an online wholesaler, get the products $200-$500 lower, /w free shipping, 3 days after I order it.

*sigh* the conundrums.
Looking for: Urlacher, Hester, Forte, Knox, Cutler, and other Bears "Star" players. Even old school if you've got 'em.

My family owns a shop and whenever someone wants to buy a case we takepreorders on them and match or beat any advertised price online.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(10-14-2011, 02:26 PM)chads-cards Wrote: My family owns a shop and whenever someone wants to buy a case we takepreorders on them and match or beat any advertised price online.
I might have to ask him about that. I'll pay upfront if he can get me a case for a grand or so. That would save me a bit of cash. Hm, options!

there is nothing like opening a box in store with the guy/gal that just sold it to you. i swear they are just as excited to see it busted.

to me, that is worth the few extra bucks.

heck - if it isn't free shipping, you are paying about the same. if it is free shipping, what is it - $10 less then from blowout or DA or ATL or Pitts or insert plug here or i'm sure i left someone out.

hey - the online guys have some spectacular deals sometimes - i mean insane deals. but, new product, or something old that has been collecting dust for years??? LCS.

Heck, it was cool when someone (not saying who) posted on a box break of mine and said - "hey, were you the one that hit that "card" from triple threads that "he" was talking about?"

yes, i was...

and. that. was. cool. and after a few freebies back and forth with this member, i've got an awesome stafford auto.

and it was because of this lcs trip.

weird, eh?
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

i would say get most your supplies and memorabilia at the LCS as it isnt gonna be hunerds of dollars difference either way and do your thrifty case shopping online
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

i don't trust the online places bc i also think they find the big hits and then u get leftovers. Still chance of getting something good but i like going to LCS chatting with the guys and picking a box from a fresh case. normally if i am the only one in there they will give me a $10 discount per box. In that case, I don't have to wait 3 days and I like my chances this way better.
[Image: vondez.png]
MY 2012 PC GUYS RYAN TANNEHILL, CYRUS GRAY, JEFF FULLER & CASE KEENUM!!!!!!!!BRING EM TO ME!!!
Collect DALLAS COWBOYS, former Texas A&M PLAYERS, DEZ BRYANT & VON MILLER !! Look at my ORG or bucket (ORG ALWAYS UP TO DATE)