`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What is your ugliest high BV card you have?

RE: What is your ugliest high BV card you have?
hey, im not an idiot. i get what you're asking. its called a 'joke'. can't help hating on lebron, it's in my blood. I like all of my high ends...
any card thats worth a lot of money is most likely going to be appealing, its hard to say any card with jordans signature or a player of the like is an ugly card...its very easy to look past card design when theres a nasty patch or auto that makes the card worth $$...
(10-14-2011, 11:19 AM)evanturner12 Wrote: this thread was about cards. i do agree with you that the jersey part of the card is stupid. but i really want to see some ugos that beckett thinks is worth a lot.
Collecting KNICKS and IMAN SHUMPERT super collecting
Frazier lettermans from the ALL TIME GREATS
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba

(10-14-2011, 08:56 AM)KnickerPlease Wrote: they have nicer ones of these but i dont like this style of the jersey under the team name or player name...this ones particularly ugly because its lebron james (it is 1/99 tho..)-
[Image: IMG_0822.jpg]

I dont hate players in their college uniforms though...especially blake griffin because then it will still be even more collectable when he's on the lakers or celtics or whoever he's going to go to after his contract's up with the clippers...
It looks like they screwed up making the 'H' but I think that design is pretty simple and dull
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

I only own nice looking cards (in my opinion, of course - others might disagree).

I completely agree with the OP that BV is overrated. I couldn't give a damn what my cards are worth... as long as they look good.

I wanted to prove that often low-mid bv cards often look a lot better than some really high end ones because I have seen a lot of ugos on ebay. since beauty is in the eye of the beholder people aren't going to always agree, but card manufactures get lazy and when it's a low #'d MJ, Kobe or Lebron people will still pay the big bucks.
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg

In terms of beautiful cards that won't cost you much, here are a couple of examples from my PC:

Larry Bird Press Pass auto (one of the nicest looking Bird autos out there, IMO, and it recently sold for just $40 or so)...

[Image: LarryBird4-1.jpg]

Bill Russell Chronology Stitches in Time (a legendary card of a legendary player... costs about $15)...

[Image: BillRussell2.jpg]

I honestly think the 97-98 Precious Metal Gems Reds are hideous.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(10-15-2011, 09:20 AM)will23c1982 Wrote: In terms of beautiful cards that won't cost you much, here are a couple of examples from my PC:

Larry Bird Press Pass auto (one of the nicest looking Bird autos out there, IMO, and it recently sold for just $40 or so)...

[Image: LarryBird4-1.jpg]
Whenever Larry's autograph isn't confined to a sticker, it is indeed a beautiful thing!
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

show the ugly c'mon. there are cards cut wrong. cards that look like they put two images together that dont fit...
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg