`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay and shipping charges

RE: Ebay and shipping charges
(10-12-2011, 08:51 AM)jonathani Wrote: Maybe I am missing something, but if see that someone is going to charge me a price for shipping that I view as unfair I simply do not bid/buy the product.
You would think people would do this, but they'd rather purchase it anyway and then complain about $.25-$.50.

I started off selling some cards with $2.00 shipping (Bubble mailer, DC - $1.75 postage) and got dinged with 1 and 2 stars. One guy bought multiple items and I gave him combined shipping and he hit me with 1's for all 6 items, then came back and bought 5 more items and left 1's on all 5. Why did he buy again if the shipping was too high? Also, the Positive FB he left didn't count as 11 separate FB, but the 1's did count as 11 different so my account was in danger. I have since blocked him.

I then had to switch everything to free shipping. Doesn't seem fair that one buyer can screw my account so bad - I'm still pissed about it.

Unfortunately ebay has it set up that way so that anyone can leave bad star ratings and ruin your good standing. I still have 100% positive, but have been fighting to bring up my shipping stars (5 of 5 on the other categories).

Now I start all of my listings at an amount that covers shipping - it does hurt sales on the lower value cards, but haven't had a problem otherwise.

I think eBay needs to be willing to review the 1 and 2 star ratings and allow us to show the shipping costs and remove those if they are unwarranted. But they don't really care about the sellers right now.
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

(10-12-2011, 12:53 PM)hellsbells Wrote: I started off selling some cards with $2.00 shipping (Bubble mailer, DC - $1.75 postage) and got dinged with 1 and 2 stars. One guy bought multiple items and I gave him combined shipping and he hit me with 1's for all 6 items, then came back and bought 5 more items and left 1's on all 5. Why did he buy again if the shipping was too high? Also, the Positive FB he left didn't count as 11 separate FB, but the 1's did count as 11 different so my account was in danger. I have since blocked him.

I then had to switch everything to free shipping. Doesn't seem fair that one buyer can screw my account so bad - I'm still pissed about it.

Unfortunately ebay has it set up that way so that anyone can leave bad star ratings and ruin your good standing. I still have 100% positive, but have been fighting to bring up my shipping stars (5 of 5 on the other categories).

Now I start all of my listings at an amount that covers shipping - it does hurt sales on the lower value cards, but haven't had a problem otherwise.

I think eBay needs to be willing to review the 1 and 2 star ratings and allow us to show the shipping costs and remove those if they are unwarranted. But they don't really care about the sellers right now.
This is very true I would be at 2 1 to 2 star ratings if it were not for the one guy and thats with 132 sales. Ebay dose not care at all to bad they didn't have any real competitors to challenge them and make they have to think about the sellers as well.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

If you charge free shipping on a card that sells for less than $5, would it be wise to use top loader or those plastic taller holders (really flimsy) and mail in a PWE?

I've always been one to use DC# and bubble mailer whether the sale/trade is $2 or $200.

I've never used PWEs to mail in, but feel would need to if I sell a card for $2 and do free shipping. Any thoughts on PWEs?

I just had another one happen to me. I bought some cards and was checking out and noticed there was a charge for sales tax on the card. I hadn't realized that the seller was from Maine and should charge sales tax. Turns out he was from Texas and charged sales tax because he said that he did on his ad. Not only that but he was charging a 13.3% sale tax. I inquired about why and he replied he said he put it on his ad and therefore could charge Texas sales tax, and it wasn't 13.3% rather 8.5% (Texas Sales Tax Rate) and that he had included sales tax on the shipping and handling charges because Ebay charged him a tax on shipping and handling (part of his insertion fee).

Now would it be unreasonable to dispute such a charge or since it was only $0.84 just forget about it and steer clear of this guy.

Ray

(10-12-2011, 01:20 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: If you charge free shipping on a card that sells for less than $5, would it be wise to use top loader or those plastic taller holders (really flimsy) and mail in a PWE?

I've always been one to use DC# and bubble mailer whether the sale/trade is $2 or $200.

I've never used PWEs to mail in, but feel would need to if I sell a card for $2 and do free shipping. Any thoughts on PWEs?
I have sent and received over 250 PWE. Never a problem. And mostly it is because you cans end it non machinable. It is $.64 not $.44, but it works everytime.

There was a time where people only sent through PWE. Now people want their 1990 topps baseball base card in a bubble mailer.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

Kind of funny how two of the people are making comments in this thread, are ones that have negs for not shipping out the merchandise after it was paid for, and one of those also has negs on other trade sites for bad sales/trades.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(10-12-2011, 01:20 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: If you charge free shipping on a card that sells for less than $5, would it be wise to use top loader or those plastic taller holders (really flimsy) and mail in a PWE?

On ebay - I will always use the Bubble mailer and postage w/DC - protects me from ebay and PayPal's point of view - that DC # is my proof that I delivered what was purchased. I like when I can make money on ebay, but don't mind when I just break even (figure it helps build my feedback and rep - and that buyer might come back again). Don't like losing money, but have on occasion, just usually chalk it up to experience and growth.

On this site I will almost always use Bubble Mailer w/DC - PWE is fine if both agree and it is a small value trade. Because I am set up for ebay, shipping Bubble mailer is easy to print postage and I already have the supplies. Some say PWE was fine for years and it was - just newer technology and tracking abilities are available now. Horse and Buggy were fine for 100's of years, but just doesn't cut it now.

I know on the bay that if I pay .99 shipping it is going to come in a PWE and I am fine with that (since I know it going into the purchase), also know that if I don't receive the item ebay or PayPal will protect me. If I pay $2 or more, I don't expect to get a PWE.

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

Gotta love the troll of beckett forums showing up.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

(10-12-2011, 03:51 PM)nuccionino Wrote: Gotta love the troll of beckett forums showing up.
+1
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)