`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay and shipping charges

RE: Ebay and shipping charges
(10-12-2011, 01:23 PM)ktcardshop Wrote: I just had another one happen to me. I bought some cards and was checking out and noticed there was a charge for sales tax on the card. I hadn't realized that the seller was from Maine and should charge sales tax. Turns out he was from Texas and charged sales tax because he said that he did on his ad. Not only that but he was charging a 13.3% sale tax. I inquired about why and he replied he said he put it on his ad and therefore could charge Texas sales tax, and it wasn't 13.3% rather 8.5% (Texas Sales Tax Rate) and that he had included sales tax on the shipping and handling charges because Ebay charged him a tax on shipping and handling (part of his insertion fee).

Now would it be unreasonable to dispute such a charge or since it was only $0.84 just forget about it and steer clear of this guy.

Ray
I thought if you charged sales tax you HAD to give the $$ to the TAX man and not yourself. Otherwise it is called TAX FRAUD.
Am I wrong on that?

Recently I have had to pay postage due for several items at my post office.
Seems the po is telling me the 1.71 with dc is not enough and they are cracking down on it.
The lady said that delivery confirmation shipping is 2.51 and that is why I am being charged xtra.
Well why then if I /you use paypal printed shipping labels? For 1.71.

(10-13-2011, 02:29 AM)woodrowsbat Wrote: Recently I have had to pay postage due for several items at my post office.
Seems the po is telling me the 1.71 with dc is not enough and they are cracking down on it.
The lady said that delivery confirmation shipping is 2.51 and that is why I am being charged xtra.
Havent had that problem yet but if that is an issue I would have them address it to paypal. If that happens to me I am going to ask how they let it get that far without saying something.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(10-13-2011, 02:29 AM)woodrowsbat Wrote: Recently I have had to pay postage due for several items at my post office.
Was the postage due from a Paypal shipping padded envelope? Because I do not have a way to ship for $1.71 on Paypal. It is $1.75 with DC from Paypal.
Sound like it was postage (for reg envelope + 1 oz) and DC from PO. They consider it a large envelope or package and charge more, thus the postage due.
Is this the case??

1.71 is the rate for a bubble mailer (like i send most of my trades) WITHOUT DC now. It is 2 something with DC. Paypal needs to update it's information.
Is this thing on?

(10-13-2011, 07:17 AM)shivelycore Wrote: 1.71 is the rate for a bubble mailer (like i send most of my trades) WITHOUT DC now. It is 2 something with DC. Paypal needs to update it's information.
Paypal helps by charging for DC automatically so they probably get a better rate than the people who go to the post office to ship items. The shipping charges are right and where you get your savings is with the DC #. Honestly I sent a bubble mailer out with a card I traded didn't do the DC and it cost me 64 cent because it didn't meet the thickness limit. So its all on how you look at it.

(10-13-2011, 04:25 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Was the postage due from a Paypal shipping padded envelope? Because I do not have a way to ship for $1.71 on Paypal. It is $1.75 with DC from Paypal.
Sound like it was postage (for reg envelope + 1 oz) and DC from PO. They consider it a large envelope or package and charge more, thus the postage due.
Is this the case??
If you go to the post office it costs $1.71 for up to around 3 or 4 ounces in a bubble envelope. Delivery confirmation is another $1.80.

If you go online and use shipping assistant the postage is the same but the delivery confirmation is $0.19 making it a total of #1.90.

If you use a envelope the postage is $0.44 plus $0.20 for non-machinable first class. If you do not use this option the envelope goes through the machine and there is a good chance it will jam the machine and rip open the envelope.

The Post Office has been lax in their collecting postage due of late. I have gotten packages in the mail with insufficient postage several time lately. Like wise they don't rush to the front to tell you when you are paying too much. For instance a small flat rate box paid for from the post office online is $5.00 including delivery confirmation while at the post office it is $6.85. I guess there is a push to collect postage due because of the financial crises the post office is in at the moment.

Ray

(10-13-2011, 07:27 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Paypal helps by charging for DC automatically so they probably get a better rate than the people who go to the post office to ship items. The shipping charges are right and where you get your savings is with the DC #. Honestly I sent a bubble mailer out with a card I traded didn't do the DC and it cost me 64 cent because it didn't meet the thickness limit. So its all on how you look at it.

I was getting by with that for a while and then suddenly one day they starting sending everything back to me marked "insufficient postage". ENjoy that ride while you can.
Is this thing on?

It has been so long since I went to the PO.
$1.71 sound right and DC $0.80
Has to be 1/4 " thick I think, people put a peanut in the padded envelope to get to the thickness.

Shively wrote:
I was getting by with that for a while and then suddenly one day they starting sending everything back to me marked "insufficient postage". ENjoy that ride while you can.

Was this returned from Paypal postage?? OR PO postage..

I know the rule are different (more strict) from different POs in area 1 mile apart!!

Stars to make me wonder if the Post Office is why I have gotten my 1's as someone went to get the package and had to pay an extra amount of money to get it. If that was the case why didn't they let me know before leaving a feedback. I have no control what the post office dose after I send it out. If they can show proof they had to pay extra I would of reimbursed them for the charges and notified paypal to see how it could be corrected.